Scheduling Meetings in 3.0

donners

Apr 2, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know if you will be able to schedule meetings and invite attendees with 3.0? I recently got an iPhone and gave up my blackberry. I love everything except the fact that I cannot invite people to meetings that I schedule when I am on the road or away from my laptop.

donners

Apr 2, 2009
Visit site
so sweet. it is a real pain right now not having this capability. With this capability and all of the other coming with 3.0, the choice between an iPhone and a Blackberry will be very simple--iPhone!

AlexInPA

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
If this is true I will be very happy. I have been very dissappointed with the "business" features that are lacking with the iPhone. I love the concept of the device, just not happy with the missing features. I wish I knew what they were thinking when they released a crippled device.

The business community can make them a fortune if they do it right... meeting invites, to-do's that sync, memo's that sync, a calendar that syncs without fail on Exchange (could be an Exchange issue though).

pilot2750

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
Business Needs

Brand new member. I have been a Palm guy since their first PDA. I have the 750 and anxiously await the Pre. But now I'm reading about iPhone 3.0 and rumors of a new device in June. All my kids have the Touch and UI is amazing. The landscape keyboard of 3.0 enhances that. I am becoming increasingly interested in jumping ship.

So, questions - I am a business executive and I travel extensively. I hammer Outlook and our Corp uses latest Exchange. Will 3.0 let me Accept/Decline Reschedule meetings and invite attendees from our corp global exchange address book? Can I send emails to meeting attendees directly from the calendar? Is the email real push like it is now on my WM 6.0 Treo 750?

I am a Blues enthusiast and have hundreds, maybe thousands of music files from Rapsody. Can I make them play on iPhone without having to burn CDs?

What have your experiences been with the alleged lack of multi-tasking on iPhone - is it that big a deal?

June timeframe is going to be very interesting.

:confused:

Casper TFG

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
OK invites - what's the deal? - I tossed my Blackberry to the trash for an iPhone 3GS but I will be dipped if I can figure out how to invite someone to a meeting.

I have the following running on my iPhone

1 x Mobile Me mail account (this one does the calendars & address book)
1 x IMAP mail account
1 x Exchange account
1 x Google account

Thanks a lot!

emily0605

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I have exchange and mobile me on my phone. Exchange is the default for email/calendar/contacts. When I do "Add Event" Invitees is one of the fields to fill out.

When I go into Mobile Me that field isn't there. So maybe it's only possible with Exchange?

I just logged into Mobile Me online and I don't see an option there to add invitees, either. So this might be an Exchange only option...

Last edited:

Barnesms

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
I believe you are correct. I use both Exchange and MobileMe with Exchange as a default. If I add an apointment I have an option to add invitees. If I switch the calendar on the new appointment to the MobileMe option the Invitees line disappears.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner