cannot get email set up with secure server

joyce2842

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
I've got a new Iphone and need it to work with my companies email. My IT guy is having problems because we have a secure server that is set up for a network of BlackBerries. I need to find a way to make the Iphone work, or a program or app to let it connect. I can connect to my email over the web, but that isn't going to work. It's very small on the iphone and I need the push to be notified when a message comes in. Thanks to anyone who can help. Any apps that make an Iphone "think" it's a Blackberry.

Scott

bgeorger

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I had the same problem it is a certificate issue (i am assuming you mean exchange) what you need to do is get the cert on your iphone. You can do this buy logging into your exchange through its web access and pulling your cert off of it. you can do this by logging on and clicking the cert logo (of some sort) in your address bar and extracting it. once that is done e mail it to your iphone using gmail or yahoo or whatever and download and save. Once this is done you need to go into general options and find the cert and make sure your server info on the mail set up matches the certs info. Thats is it you should be all set then