Typing on my Iphone

EnterpriseGlobe

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi everyone :D

I love my iphone, however, sometimes when I'm trying to type a word, it comes up as another. I find this very annoying. Does anyone else share this pain?

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
I think everyone has this happen sometimes. It's just the negative side of the corrective text in the software. As annoyed as I may be when I know I've typed a word flawlessly only to have it be "corrected" I know that I would rather have that happen once a day than have to go back and fix every time I miss a letter in a normal text. It's just a necessary evil.

JBaby_9783

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
It is annoying. But I mess up far more often than I'd like so I'm very grateful for the predictive text. This doesn't happen to often and maybe it's all in my head but it seems to learn the words I use most often. Like I said it's probably all in my head.

zdkaram#IM

Mar 31, 2009
Visit site
Along with this question. Does the iPhone have a spell check? It would be great to type the whole message through and then have a spell check run through and ask if specific words are right.

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
... maybe it's all in my head but it seems to learn the words I use most often. Like I said it's probably all in my head.

Not at all in your head, that is something that the software does.

And as far as I know there is no spellcheck available, although I have heard quite a few people who wish there was.

tonybove

Mar 27, 2009
www.tonybove.com
Hello,

When typing, as you know, you can accept the suggested word by tapping the spacebar, a punctuation mark, or the Return key. You can reject the suggested word' by finishing typing the word as you want it, or tap the 'x' next to the suggestion to dismiss it. Each time you reject a suggestion for the same word, your iPhone keeps track and eventually adds your word to its dictionary.

Here's a trick I use to temporarily stop suggestions from appearing:

Start by typing the symbol '$' or '&', or a numeral (such as '0'), or the letter 'z', and then touch and hold to insert letters before it. As you type letters, the keyboard won't suggest anything, because it won't know what you mean -- there are no words in its dictionary that end with these symbols, numerals, or the letter 'z'.

These and other tips appear in my $2.99 iPhone app, "Tony's Tips for iPhone Users Manual" which you can find in the App Store by searching for "Tony's Tips".

Good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro