I bought a 3g iphone on ebay and have AT&T. how can i make it work?

Jcerillo70

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
how you guys doin,
I just bought a 3g apple iphone off ebay for about $400 cheaper than the store wanted me to pay them for. i have AT&T voice and texting, but i cant afford the data package. i heard it also has wi-fi which is all i need for what i want to do, i also dont want to carry my ipod and my crappy phone.
My question is can i take the sim card out of my current phone and use it in the iphone without any problems? by doing this will i be able to use my text,voice, and WI-FI without any extra charges?
I also heard it must be jailbroken to be able to do this, so is this plan of mine just going to end up like an abortion? my girlfriend has an iphone i think its the coolest thing so i would like to make this work just not pay $30 extra a month,
thanks,
Joe Cerillo

aureatenova

Aug 13, 2008
Visit site
No offence but I think you're screwed. I got my 2g from a guy at work, and in order to do anything at all, I had to sync it with iTunes and it forces you to pick a data plan in order to set everything up.

I've been with AT&T since 2002 and was coming from a Palm Centro

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I think what Bad Ash is trying to say is that you don't have the option to use data everywhere, which is a big plus of the phone.

That and with smartphones, they are always trying to use data for something - so the odds of you racking up ridiculous data charges are pretty good.

Crunch

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
To the OP: Unfortunately, Apple (not AT&T) has a rule that mandates that you be not only have the data plan, but also a voice plan, which PO'd me, as I wanted the iPhone to be my data-only line, and not my BlackBerry. Although as I've come to find out that the 3G signal is seemingly as strong as my BlackBerry Bold, and the iPhone seems to not only drop fewer calls, but sounds clearer, too.

Bluetooth integration is abysmal compared to any BlackBerry, though, but it still works, so long as I have BT turned off in the immediate vicinity. lol...So that's not a biggie.

Now, I'd really like to help you, since you seem to be crazy about the iPhone 3G. Would you be able to afford a $15 data plan? Also, are you a student or something? How come you can afford voice and text (which texting plan do you have??), but not the data plan?? Would it help if I called you in some creditos?? I don't work for AT&T, but I know enough to pull off some wild things. Not trying to be braggadocios, just trying to help.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73