All Apps Crash - Anyone else had this?

dannyleeuk

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
Hello All,

Yesterday, after syncing my iPhone to my laptop...I noticed about an hour later that NONE of my apps would load (besides standard ones). They'd load but crash instantly, and this was every single one.

I eventually tracked it down to an authorisation issue with my laptop and iTunes. Here's what I did:
  • Plugged iPhone in
  • Selected the applications tab for the iPhone in iTunes and de-selected ALL my apps which deleted them all from my phone.
  • Deauthorized my laptop with iTunes
  • Reauthorized my laptop with iTunes
  • Selected the sync ALL option within the Applications tab and clicked on sync. This then went through and re-installed all my applications back to my iPhone. After this, they all worked again but all the data for each app was lost

Having delved deeper, it appears that the apps were crashing due to DRM issues associated with the authorisation issue with iTunes and my laptop.

I hadn't changed anything so god knows what happened there.

Anyone else experienced this?

reyza

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Ive had this issue too. It is an authorization issue. You could have just downloaded an app in iTunes (free) then sync it to the phone. This solved my issue with all the other apps too, without deleting anything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2