What's this iphone i keep hearing about?

tony2979#CB

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
I was a hardcore blackberry user also. Even after exchange support was announced and my workplace started supporting it, I shyed away because everyone had convinced me that blackberry was the premier business tool and the iPhone fell short.

I finally gave it a try and have been nothing but happy. I'm not sure what exactly business users that don't like the iPhone are trying to on their phones, but I am getting email on my phone faster than my desktop, perfect calender and contacts sync and have found some very helpful applications.

I will admit that I am not one of these guys who try to do every bit of their computing on the phone, so maybe my needs just aren't as great. Get me my email, send it properly and keep my calender in order.....everything else is just gravy.....and some really good gravy at that :D

macnkat

Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
Same here as many others...had the 8130, 8330 and 9530, but once I put an iPhone in my hands it was all over. The only thing I really miss on the BB is multi-tasking, but the IP goes from one to the other so much faster than the Storm it really isn't an issue and every time I would click my Storm I would get the anxiety of waiting to see if it would freeze up or not...I've forgotten that already.

I say make the jump, you won't be sorry.

Bajanbastard

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Ok RIM just made up my mind for me. .113 is the next official OS and that OS is utter garbage for anyone running the 9530 on a GSM network as it doesn't hold a data connection. I don't think RIM will get it right with the Storm so I'm replacing the Storm with an iphone.

Now i can get a factory unlocked one for about 1000 USD. (yes i know) should i go with that or buy one and unlock it? I'm a TOTAL noob here so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Jeep14

Feb 12, 2009
Visit site
I like the fact that there are many Ex BlackBerry users switching to iPhones and love them a lot more than their old Berries... I think that bothers some hardcore BB users because they really think their devices can do no wrong. Yes, I have a BlackBerry as well but no I do not think it can compare to the iPhone. Especially after this 3.0 update.

And the "gods gift" thing was kinda funny since it's always the BB users getting bent out of shape over the iPhone... hmm :rolleyes:

*One more thing, Storm = Junk. Yes, I've had one of those too.

The last sentence....truer words have never been spoken

appleikiller

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
i just fell do the dark side and went from RIM (pearl, curve, storm 9530) with Verizon to iPhone and i gotta say holy ****, i don't know what took me soo long to get this device. Sure it cant multi task like BB does BUT honestly i dont feel a difference and with the new 3.0 update this device will deff give rim and others alike out there a run for there money. I would 156% suggest you get this device.

davidlw

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
I too own a Bold and iPhone. I would be using the iPhone for everything if the iPhone had good reception in my area. That being said, I use the Bold for voice and the iPhone for data. If AT&T would ramp up transmission power or if iPhone would get better receivers, I would be using the iPhone for everything. As it stands now, the Bold just receives better in my area but I love the iPhone for everything else. With the upcoming 3.0 iPhone, I cannot wait to get my hands on it.

Last edited:

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I owned the first gen iPhone when it came out, then went to an iPhone 3G, then went to a Bold (I'd used a curve in between iPhones and it only lasted about a month or so), then went ahead and traded my Bold recently for another 16GB iPhone 3G.

I'd say that the Bold is definitely a very solid phone, as are most BBs (with the exception of the Storm, which is a joke and verizon's crap attempt to stop losing customers to the iPhone). From what I've read, RIM didn't even want to make a touchscreen berry, verizon came to them. Whether or not that's true, I don't know.

I keep coming back to the iPhone. I think I'm done switching. I've tried BB, s60, WM, and an iPhone, and the iPhone suits ME better. You just really need to figure out what suits you.

When phone I've never tried is Palm and for some reason, never had a desire to.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77