• Yes

Votes: 48 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 21 30.4%

• Total voters

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I dont think people will run to their AT&T stores with them charging 599 and 699 for the phones with no commitment. You can find them cheaper on ebay.

True, but there is a market for them that is willing to pay even more for new iPhones out of contract so you never know. Plus it doesn't seem like they will be able to track who gets the phones with great detail and maybe they just don't care?

pocketfun

Feb 11, 2009
Visit site
I think we can expect a new phone, but it may be mostly cosmetic, i.e. up the camera, better battery, brighter screen, metal back etc. You have to expect it to become a "green" phone like the macbooks.

MaTiCeK

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
No, at least not a true iPhone HD with multicores.

I expect at least 32gb iPhone, but not a real next gen device. Although, then again it doesn't really need to be the iPhone HD to be the 3 gen iPhone. A OLED screen and a better camera would suffice!

LionInAComa

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
just saw a post on BGR, can't post links yet here's the story:

A report this morning from Australian tech magazine Smarthouse suggests Apple may have selected a series of OLED displays for its next round of handset and netbook screens. According to an unnamed source within the company, initial fruits of the company?s newly awarded display contract with LG will be an entirely new set of OLED screens that will make their way into Apple?s upcoming iPhone and iPod Touch models, as well as a new and often-rumored Apple netbook. The move would certainly go a great length to help somewhat lackluster battery performance, especially considering the variety of added battery-sucking features that were announced at Apple?s 3.0 event this past Tuesday. So what do you guys think about the possibility of a sexy new capacitive OLED display on the inevitable iPhone / iPod Touch models due in June or July?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Ok, if I've been wrong, I've been wrong... new iPhone announcement in June? Or is this a new lower end device? I like going against the grain sometimes. Makes things interesting. Either way I will say there will not be a physical keyboard...

*After going over the list one more time it's obvious to me that none of the things listed are really anything that we have not heard of before... and coming from someone at AT&T does not give me any more confidence. I dunno...

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
You're wrong, you'll see :D

Make sure you keep reading my post... Promise that you will see nothing major... Like I've said all along. :p (Rene, Dieter, or you will not change my mind but if I am wrong I'll be the first one in line at my local store on day one.)

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I still think the software will be the big part of this. More storage and better camera, that's it...

I think if they just do a small bump it will ONLY be to 16GB and 32GB. If they do a camera or some other small thing they would wait and group them together in one big hardware update. Doesn't make sense to me to change the fine tuned 9 month in the running iPhone 3G manufacturing process too add just a camera.

mullrat

Jun 8, 2008
Visit site
Hello all. I'm a reconvert to the iPhone. Good to be back,

Didn't Apple say that they plan to sell 40 million iPhones this year? I don't see them doing this without new hardware.

legendofdon

Dec 19, 2008
Visit site
I dont think people will run to their AT&T stores with them charging 599 and 699 for the phones with no commitment. You can find them cheaper on ebay.

Why would people pay 599 and 699 for no commitment phones when you can get them no commitment at an Apple store for 399 and 499?

patcom8

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
one thing that everyone is missing is the simple business cycle of cell phones/ smart phones / handheld. The turnover rate is 6 months. it has some of the shortest turnover rates of any technology. Every company is out there designing the next big thing, and one of the reasons apple has been so successful is that they are they are the first movers, or innovators. They will lose too much becoming a follower, even by a few months. The iphone has and will remain the innovative product for the company. They cant afford to let another company release any features that would make the iphone look like a follower--- we're gonna see a new iphone, even if its very basic hardware upgrades (camera, 32gig)

Im really hoping to see a crazy upgrade, so i can play higher quality games. :D

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
They cant afford to let another company release any features that would make the iphone look like a follower

While this is true, I believe the whole idea is that iPhone is about the software and with the same hardware even the first gen iPhone is a whole lot better than it was when it first came out, for free. So basically instead of having to buy a new phone every year, you get a lot of new features for free.

Crunch

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
Are you serious? Of course there will be another one this year. And in the same month at that. July. And there will be all the hype throughout June which is when it will be announced. That just makes perfect business sense. lol...but seriously.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR