Votes: 141 91.0%
  • No...

Votes: 14 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SURF_AND_TURF

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I agree with you vanishingvison i am very happy with 3.0 but the features should have been there already. I just really want the apps with push to update so we can test them out!!

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
I agree with you vanishingvison i am very happy with 3.0 but the features should have been there already. I just really want the apps with push to update so we can test them out!!

I'd have to disagree.
If all of the features were already there, then apple wouldn't have anything exciting to do with the updates. I like that they leave things out and keep you on edge for the next update.
See how excited people get about any updates at all? The tiniest update and we've got people searching through the coding trying to find whats new or added. With any other phone, or product for that matter, theres not a bigger amount of people that care as to whats been changed.
Thats the whole excitement of owning the iPhone. Is how amazing the updates are. :)
At least I think so.

Last edited:

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I'd have to dissagree.
If all of the features were already there, then apple wouldn't have anything exciting to do with the updates. I like that they leave things out and keep you on edge for the next update.
See how excited people get about any updates at all? The tiniest update and we've got people searching through the coding trying to find whats new or added. With any other phone, or product for that matter, theres not a bigger amount of people that care as to whats been changed.
Thats the whole excitement of owning the iPhone. Is how amazing the updates are. :)
At least I think so.

I disagree as well, but for other reasons. Apple loves to perfect things. They want it to work well before the release it. Landscape for example; all those other touchscreens (Storm) that have it aren't doing well with it. It was even the cause of Safari crashing.

King310

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
I got a question... A girl that works for at&t told me that the 3.0 update isnt gonna be free, thats its gonna cost around $100. N e 1 know if thats true or not?

c0mpguru

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm really happy with 3.0. Can't wait to have copy and paste! I don't know how I survived this long without that feature. Also PNS should be good. It's good to have some kind of notification when I close an app.

dlnmorrow

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
I'm excited with the 3.0 additions! MMS is great, so is the copy & paste. I'm new to the iPhone somewhat. I actually just got my own on last Friday.

bbmark

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
iphone as hard drive

Ok, new here, and considering buying and iphone. As a current blackberry user, one of the features that comes in handy, when my laptop isn't around, is being able to attach files (that I've stored on the bb) to emails.

Anyone know if:

A) the iphone / or a current app cant do that or
B) the 3.0 update will allow for that?

I've seen apps that let you store files on the iphone, which you can transfer wirelessly, but nothing about attaching those into an email.

Thanks

Mark

ermax18

May 12, 2009
Visit site
I am happy although there are still thinks missing that are mind blowing to me. Like realistic reminders on Calendar entries. Two very quiet beeps with no snooze button is ridiculous. How on earth did Apple miss this one? I have NEVER used a PDA that lacked this functionality. I suspect we will never see improvements here. Lets hope that the new PUSH system will allow for 3rd party calendar reminders that work. A task list with ActiveSync ability would be nice. So would ActiveSync support for notes. Otherwise I am very pleased with 3.0.

jellmoo

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
I don't think that 3.0 is bad or anything, but it just doesn't hit the areas I personally care about.

What I want is for Apple to make it so that I don't feel the need to jailbreak the device.

The areas I want to see improvement are:

- Allow themes and customization
- Provide "Categories" style folders
- The ability to Background tasks
- Proper to do / scheduling across apps
- Flash

*edit* and most importantly, give us access to the file system!!!

Of course, I would give up all of that if they would let me run iTunes in Linux...

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2009
Visit site
Wow! Apple demonstrated transferring blood glucose from a test machine to the iPhone! As a Diabetic, that is cool. Can't do that with WM!

As a smartphone user, the addition of cut/paste and background notifications are just enough to now consider the iPhone as a platform I might switch to after 8 years of WM!

As a 9 year WM user, jump in, the water's fine.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
3.0 hit 2 biggies, IMNSVHO. They've added copy/paste as elegantly as they could without buttons, and A2DP. I never understood why something that was always primarily a media device came out without the A2DP.

aureatenova

Aug 13, 2008
Visit site
you know, i wasn't that impressed. i mean i liked the horizontal keyboard/email/all that jazz, but spotlight didn't wow me.

i missed my jailbreak on 2.2.1 (winterboard, intelliscreen) so went back.

but quickpwn wont work. it freezes whenever it gets to the "wait for iphone to reboot in recovery mode." pssh

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2