View Poll Results: Happy with iPhone 3.0 features?
- 156. You may not vote on this poll
- 04-08-2009, 10:34 AM #101
- 04-08-2009, 07:51 PM #102
If all of the features were already there, then apple wouldn't have anything exciting to do with the updates. I like that they leave things out and keep you on edge for the next update.
See how excited people get about any updates at all? The tiniest update and we've got people searching through the coding trying to find whats new or added. With any other phone, or product for that matter, theres not a bigger amount of people that care as to whats been changed.
Thats the whole excitement of owning the iPhone. Is how amazing the updates are.
At least I think so.
Last edited by Ivoryplum; 04-08-2009 at 09:17 PM.
- 04-08-2009, 08:25 PM #103
- 04-09-2009, 12:12 AM #104
- 04-09-2009, 12:21 AM #105
- 04-09-2009, 12:27 AM #106
- 04-09-2009, 08:44 AM #107
- 04-10-2009, 03:01 PM #108
- 04-12-2009, 03:30 AM #109
- 04-13-2009, 01:09 PM #110
- 04-14-2009, 01:57 PM #111
iphone as hard drive
Ok, new here, and considering buying and iphone. As a current blackberry user, one of the features that comes in handy, when my laptop isn't around, is being able to attach files (that I've stored on the bb) to emails.
Anyone know if:
A) the iphone / or a current app cant do that or
B) the 3.0 update will allow for that?
I've seen apps that let you store files on the iphone, which you can transfer wirelessly, but nothing about attaching those into an email.
- 04-14-2009, 02:09 PM #112
- 04-14-2009, 04:29 PM #113
- 05-12-2009, 09:15 AM #114iMore Nanite
- 4 Posts
I am happy although there are still thinks missing that are mind blowing to me. Like realistic reminders on Calendar entries. Two very quiet beeps with no snooze button is ridiculous. How on earth did Apple miss this one? I have NEVER used a PDA that lacked this functionality. I suspect we will never see improvements here. Lets hope that the new PUSH system will allow for 3rd party calendar reminders that work. A task list with ActiveSync ability would be nice. So would ActiveSync support for notes. Otherwise I am very pleased with 3.0.
- 05-12-2009, 10:38 AM #115iPhone Newbie
- 26 Posts
I don't think that 3.0 is bad or anything, but it just doesn't hit the areas I personally care about.
What I want is for Apple to make it so that I don't feel the need to jailbreak the device.
The areas I want to see improvement are:
- Allow themes and customization
- Provide "Categories" style folders
- The ability to Background tasks
- Proper to do / scheduling across apps
*edit* and most importantly, give us access to the file system!!!
Of course, I would give up all of that if they would let me run iTunes in Linux...
Last edited by jellmoo; 05-12-2009 at 10:39 AM. Reason: forgot something...
- 05-12-2009, 02:53 PM #116
- 05-12-2009, 04:24 PM #117
- 05-13-2009, 02:52 PM #118
- 05-13-2009, 06:18 PM #119
- 05-13-2009, 06:42 PM #120
you know, i wasn't that impressed. i mean i liked the horizontal keyboard/email/all that jazz, but spotlight didn't wow me.
i missed my jailbreak on 2.2.1 (winterboard, intelliscreen) so went back.
but quickpwn wont work. it freezes whenever it gets to the "wait for iphone to reboot in recovery mode." pssh
- 05-14-2009, 08:39 AM #121
The two things I really wanted were copy/paste and MMS which we finally get. However I can't for the life of me find the thread with the info on what else is included in the update. Search function never works for me. Can someone point me the way.
- 05-14-2009, 08:43 AM #122
- 05-18-2009, 12:00 PM #123
- 05-18-2009, 01:31 PM #124
- 05-19-2009, 10:33 AM #125