Votes: 141 91.0%
  • No...

Votes: 14 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thebrain2u

Sep 18, 2008
Visit site
Most definitely. Copy/paste and MMS, WOOT! Potential turn-by-turn and push notifications were the ones I really wanted and they're in!

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Yeah, cover most of the hater/fanboy stuff like Copy and Paste, MMS, landscape mode, etc

Plus a lot more APIs for devs, which means there will be more apps that haven't even been thought up yet!

Oh, and I get to download it today :) Although most of the cool stuff won't really come into play until it's public.

Freiteez

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
got more then i was expecting. I was only hoping for mms but got cut/paste, search in apps(spotlight). very happy

my gf has a touch, is it worth it for a touch to upgrade to 3.0???

jaimex99

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
I just want the phone to be normal. I'm tired of waiting for it to catch up to what other cheap phones already do. Yes, the iPhone has wonderful features, but the everyday tasks that everyone with a cheap phone can do are absent still. This 3.0 update is a joke. Where is the video? Where is FLASH? Where are MMS for the first generation iPhone?

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I'm very happy :) Copy/Paste, MMS, Calendar subscriptions, SIMS 3!! (ok, that isn't really Apple's doing, but I'm still excited), spotlight... all exciting stuff!

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
iPhone 3.0 (finally) = Treo 650

In all seriousness they have some 'neat' features like peer to peer data support and push notifications. Hopefully push notifications will result in a Google email push notification "app." Considering writing it myself if I can.

All it would take is access to the Google API and interface with an iPhone app that would launch email when you select it.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I'm happy to an extent.

Everyone is jumping up and down about turn-by-turn GPS. But with the new subscription stuff and charging for DLC in the app store how long do you think it will take before people see that most companies will probably want to charge you a montly fee for their GPS software (like AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint already do for all their other phones; ~$9.99/month). Google maps works fine for me, and you can be sure any GPS software that has a subscription fee will not be on my iPhone and I'm sure all the people who are freaking out right now will be leaving their 1 star reviews complaining that they have to pay.

I'm also affraid of being nickle and dimed at every turn now in the app store, I will be very upset if stuff starts costing $1 just to see something, use a new item in a game, or get an update. I may be ditching a lot of apps and become even more hesitant to pay for apps if this takes shape. The model they showed off looks even worse than some of the DLC Microsoft tries to charge for on Xbox LIVE; and I won't be any part of it.

TBH a lot of the features they are adding I will never use. Push notifications will be nice but I was hoping for better notification system overall, better app management, and stuff like that. I would say I am most happy for landscape keyboard in all the "key" apps now, that's how little I care for most of the other features.

Last edited: