Things IPhone can't do

EnterpriseGlobe

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Why can't my Iphone do these things?

-forward text messages
-get pictures in my text messages
-text the pictures that I've taken (email only)
-add hotmail (has microsoft exchange, mobleme, gmail, yahoo mail....but doesn't have the most popular free email service?!?!?)

There are alot of other phones that are less expensive that do the above things with ease. Has firmware been released to correct these issues?

Please help.. :D

Voltaic Shock

Sep 16, 2008
Visit site
It should do some of those things, but you can setup hotmail yourself (I believe).

A lot of us are hoping that 3.0 takes care of some of these issues.

You could always jailbreak your phone for some of the features it lacks.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
For most of those things no one knows why Apple does the things they do sometimes.

As for no Hotmail support, Apple and Microsoft aren't exactly friends so that might have something to do with it.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
-forward text messages
Yeah, this is something I could have used like 5 times since getting the phone July 11th. Not a big deal, but would be nice for those occasions when I want to FWD.

-get pictures in my text messages
-text the pictures that I've taken (email only)
These are the same thing, one is in and one is out. This is becuase the iPhone doesn't support MMS. People like to joke that other less "smart" phones have this, but I believe they could do it, they just don't want to. Apple likes to set trends and are usually ahead of the game. MMS is a crap technology and will slowly be phased out as more and more people get the iPhone and other email capable phones.

-add hotmail (has microsoft exchange, mobleme, gmail, yahoo mail....but doesn't have the most popular free email service?!?!?)
Yes, you can set this up manually as a POP3 account.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
You should be able to add hotmail as a pop account. It may not be an option in "the list", but you can still add it manually.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I would recommend getting a less expensive phone if you want those features. Sure, things may change tomorrow, but bottom line is Apple isn' trying to duplicate the features of a $0 flip phone. They're trying something new. It's missing stuff free phones have, but it has other stuff you can't get on any other phone for any price.

In the end, pick the feature set you want, and then get the phone that best suits it.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I would recommend getting a less expensive phone if you want those features. Sure, things may change tomorrow, but bottom line is Apple isn' trying to duplicate the features of a $0 flip phone. They're trying something new. It's missing stuff free phones have, but it has other stuff you can't get on any other phone for any price.

In the end, pick the feature set you want, and then get the phone that best suits it.

Bravo!

Very well said...

Jeffdc5#IM

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
always pick the phone that fits your lifestyle and personality apple never made it a secret that the iphone can't do this and that.