The evil empire is watching!

kiwisholland

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
I had a Treo 750 for a while, and loved it, WM hell and all....

I got a 3G on ebay and slowly went from swapping the SIM back and forth to full time 3G....

I am mostly very happy. Hopeing the new 3.0 software will give me what I want without having to keep the jailbreak deal going...

I love me some jailbreak apps! Cant live w/o them, so far!

Funny thing, I haven't logged into my AT&T online account for a while. I never "told" AT&T that I got an iPhone, and I have an unlimited $30 data plan with my Treo. BUT, I logged into my AT&T account tonight, and they have a picture of a 3G next to my account. The other phones on my account still have pictures of the phones that were used when we signed for the account.

BUT, I now have an iPhone picture next to my number... Hmmmm

How the F**K do they know?

They never contacted me about changing my account to iphone. I do pay the same amount ($30) for unlimited data...

The evil empire reigns supreme!

You BB swappers better watch your check books!

Its scary to me

Wyatt

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
Every phone has a unique ID number called the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number which is transmitted when the phone is on. From this every phone carrier knows exactly what phone (make/model) you are using.

A perfect example was when I first purchased my iPhone I jailbroke and unlocked it so I could use it on T-Mobile. T-Mobile knew that I was using an iPhone even though the SIM card was originally from my RAZR V3. So if you want to say "The evil empire reigns supreme!" then that means all of them.

Last edited:

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
As soon as you pop your SIM in a device they get the IMEI # sent to them. It sucks, I know, but I think a lot of people got cheap media net data and popped their SIM in let's say a Blackberry, and fooled the heck out if the providers. That's pretty much why.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Why do you think they are putting GPS in all these phones? GPS is run by the Air Force, the Feds are watching our dots move all around ;)

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Your account in the billing system will show Treo, but the main system that is used as well as your online account will show the device you are using currently (unless unlocked that was branded to a different carrier).

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
How do ya think Apple knew how many iPhone 2Gs were in use around the world? And why do ya think carriers wanted to get on the iPhone 3G gravy train :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711