iPhone OS 3.0 Release Date? [Poll Inside]

iPhone 3.0 Release Date?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I suppose we will all know a expected release date possibly this upcoming Tuesday but what do you think, when will we see the new software?

icebike

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
The cynical view (Who me???)

They will push it back till after the one year warranty expires on the bulk of the first sale early adopters. That way when they brick their phones it won't cost Apple too much to replace them. :eek:

But seriously, pre-announcements of iPhone software releases has been so rare we are all left guessing what this means.

thebrain2u

Sep 18, 2008
Visit site
...I guess I'm not in a rush since I'm not eligible to win the new iPhone and even if I was it would come out of my pocket anyway :D

Yeah, I'm in the same boat here. I'm all for a software update, give us better functionality with our current hardware. A new hardware update isn't out of the question, but I'll also be ineligible for it even if I pay out of pocket, too. I'd be stuck on the sidelines if something huge comes out.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
@icebike:

They showed 1.0 at Macworld, January 2007, then released in June

They showed 2.0 at SDK Roadmap, March 2008, then released in July

I think early preview, midyear release is pattern-ish and in line with Schiller's iPhone release cycle being "June"

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR