Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Question Newbie w / No Service

Hi all! I'm a DEFINITE newbie so please bare with me. I purchased an "unlocked" / jailbroken iPhone last week; today I'm wishing I didn't. So I have a few questions before I get rid of this thing (which I love when it works) and / or consede to AT&T service (which I really don't want because I like TMobile).

The phone is 3G, version 2.2.1, firmware 2.30.3 and has a RebelSIM (came with phone). After reading several posts, I am assuming that there is no such thing as a 3G, 2.2.1, 2.30.3 unlocked iPhone...is that correct? Am I correct in understanding that a true unlocked iPhone would allow the user to put their TMobile SIM (or other GSM network SIM) right into the phone without a Rebel / Turbo SIM?

My current issue with the phone is that I have the RebelSIM and my TMobile SIM installed. For some period of time I will have service and then the majority of the time, I have no service. What is my option to getting service at this point? If I have to suck up the $$ loss for buying it on eBay and sign up with AT&T, I will do that but it is not my top choice.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Last edited by atliphone; 03-12-2009 at 11:12 PM.