Word Predictor - a question

safeboy

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
Something I don't understand about an Iphone - word predicting - on Windows Mobile if I type in "suc" it will give me "successfully" or "success" but that doesn't seem to happen on the Iphone handsets I've looked at, and given that the Iphone really isn't the easiest device for inputting text, I just don't understand how anyone needing to write emails or texts survives without throwing their Iphone out of the window?? On my phone word predicting cuts the time spent inputting text in half if not more ... am I missing something ???

I love the Iphone and have just ordered one but this is bugging me ... thanks in anticipation

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
The iPhone is more like a hybrid of predicting text and spell checking. It doesn't work the same way as others in the sense that it predicts the word you tryping as you go. As you type it tries to figure out the word you wanted based on the entire sentence your typing and also spell checks your words. If you use some words a lot it will start to suggest words halfway through while your typing, but it still isn't the same as a T9 prediction or other word predicting software.

So after you finish a word the suggestion will appear over the word you just typed, you can accept the suggested word by just hitting space and go on typing. Or you can tap the X next to the suggested word and it will keep what you typed.

For me the iPhone is very easy to input text on and the predictive text/spell checker works very well and is pretty smart.

safeboy

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
thanks for feedback ... hmmn, I guess I'll just have to try and love it. I'm only interested in it suggesting the full word, as I don't have a problem spelling, but saving me tapping in 5 or 5 letters is big time saver. Are you saying that it does actually do this, and does it more the more you use it?

I don't suppose there's an app out there that is strictly word predictor??

Stevie No-Wonder

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
I find the fastest way to type is to just type away... then go back to correct any mistakes afterward. In an average email I'll usually have about two or three words to correct (depending on the length). This way is much faster for me, rather than watching every word that appears and deciding to accept them or not.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2