To 3g or Not to 3g...That is the Question
Hello everyone! I'm new to this neck of the woods, but was once a proud member of Crackberry. I've always been interested in an iPhone and I'm no noobie when it comes to tech and whatnot. At the end of this month, early next, I'm gonna get a AT&T family plan with a friend. Obviously, we are going to get iPhones, but since June is only a few months away should we wait? I have everything all ready to go, but now I need help deciding if I should pickup an iPhone 3g or wait to see whats unveiled in Summer. I really want an iPhone pretty bad but is the next generation something to hold out for?
- 03-01-2009, 11:59 PM #2
- 03-02-2009, 07:56 AM #3
It is always easy for those who have one to say wait!
Go ahead if you can't - I could not and took advantage of an additional $100 savings last week on a Best Buy deal. I figure that when the new one comes out, I can always sell this one. The resell market is very strong for the iPhone.
- 03-02-2009, 08:03 AM #4
- 03-02-2009, 09:05 AM #6
I would get one now. IF a new one is announced, I believe the 3G will still hold its value. Not to mention I LOVE my iPhone and I just got it yesterday. Cant put the thing down.
I remember when the 3G was announced, the 2G first gen iPhone prices SKYROCKETED because of the conditions announced to get one.
Great! I think I'm gonna pick one up toward the end of the month. Even if the new one comes out I think its pretty safe to say that Ill be able to switch (if I even need to) without paying too much. I'm going to be very sad leaving my BlackBerry 8330 and Verizon behind I will miss them (well I won't be missing my bill from Verizon holy crap its alot)
- 03-02-2009, 11:07 PM #8
- 03-03-2009, 08:42 PM #10