View Poll Results: Will you purchase the next iPhone?
- 146. You may not vote on this poll
- 02-23-2009, 06:17 PM #2
Should'nt you have voted not sure yet?
- 02-23-2009, 06:54 PM #4iMore Pro
- 718 Posts
- 02-23-2009, 07:05 PM #5
It depends. I want to see what upgrades will be made; whether it's worth buying a new iPhone. BTW, do you guys know if we'll be able to carry over all our apps and entire itunes library to the next gen device? I would think so but this is my first iPhone so am not quite sure.
- 02-23-2009, 07:34 PM #7
- 02-23-2009, 08:17 PM #8
- 02-23-2009, 08:25 PM #10iPhone Newbie
- 22 Posts
In that case no, I will not upgrade. I am entirely satisfied with my iPhone just how it is now. I like the glossy black, have no battery or signal issues like some people, and have almost all the features I need. The only thing I would actually like is push notifications and video, which are both software issues.
- 02-23-2009, 09:49 PM #11
- 02-23-2009, 09:57 PM #12
- 02-23-2009, 10:01 PM #13
- 02-24-2009, 04:57 AM #15
- 02-24-2009, 07:42 AM #16
It depends, I suspect since AT&T subsidizes the iPhone 3G that means anyone who currently has it will not be able to upgrade at a cheaper price until their contract is up. If that is the case I will not get it at the full price. The only way is if Apple can convince them to allow current iPhone users to upgrade at some kind of discount. You know Apple likes everyone to run out and upgrade their iPod to the newest right away so they want to keep it going with the iPhone. A higher resolution screen is really my main request, and making it OLED would be amazing (those things are freaking sweet).
It also depends what they add, and if what ever potential 3.0 software they have will also be on the iPhone 3G. If they give us the new software then getting new hardware might not be needed at all.
Last edited by sting7k; 02-24-2009 at 07:44 AM.
- 02-24-2009, 09:02 AM #17
It depends on what features is had added on. A larger hard drive would be nice, but not critical (I have a fair amount of space as it). HD video would be nice, but again - not critical (I don't download too many movies to watch).
- 02-24-2009, 09:32 AM #18
- 02-24-2009, 11:45 AM #21
If I were to buy from BB (I am a Premium Rewards Member) this week, I assume that if the new one comes out and I want it, I should be able to get it for some full retail price? Or do I have to wait? Do I have to trade-in my existing one? I was hoping to buy the 16GB for $200 (assumed this one would have better resale value) and then sell it for the new one in July.
- 02-25-2009, 10:35 AM #22
- 02-25-2009, 10:48 AM #24
They have to make a new one they only make one phone others make many models too much competition to leave it the same. I will only get it if I get an early upgrade. I hope to see more ram and at least a 32gb model, and a major improvement in call quality.