Will you purchase the next iPhone?

Will you purchase the next iPhone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
i'm currently using a curve and can upgrade my phone in april so i plan to get bb bold or curve II (8900) putt around on that till june when the new iphone's come out and then pick one of those up becuase unless they change their policy you can upgrade to an iphone at any time. so i hope to sell whichever bb i get and then be super happy with the new iphone. i'm kind of late to the whole iphone party. i just bought my girlfriend one for valentine's day and i've been playing with it A LOT and now that documents to go will be available, i'm pretty much sold.

I think you should just wait and see if a new iPhone is coming out before upgrading in April. I'm pretty sure you don't qualify for the discounted price unless you are eligible for an upgrade. 2 months shouldn't be too bad of a wait.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I think you should just wait and see if a new iPhone is coming out before upgrading in April. I'm pretty sure you don't qualify for the discounted price unless you are eligible for an upgrade. 2 months shouldn't be too bad of a wait.

I say go for it. The resale value for iPhone 3G's will be pretty high considering many T-mobile customers will want them - especially unlocked which is pretty easy to do. I just got rid of 2 first generation iPhones. Both sold for $300 and $350 respectively and that is excellent for a device older than a year.

Another thing is we are completely in the dark as to what AT&T and Apple have planned for those upgrading this year. Last year they allowed it even if you did not have a upgrade coming to you. So it is a possibility this year.

Xicano#IM

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site

I say go for it. The resale value for iPhone 3G's will be pretty high considering many T-mobile customers will want them - especially unlocked which is pretty easy to do. I just got rid of 2 first generation iPhones. Both sold for $300 and $350 respectively and that is excellent for a device older than a year.

Another thing is we are completely in the dark as to what AT&T and Apple have planned for those upgrading this year. Last year they allowed it even if you did not have a upgrade coming to you. So it is a possibility this year.

I too say wait. Why? Because anything that they come up with in the hardware department can only be good!

Thanks for the advice. Did you happen to see this on mac daily news? I know, i know it's all rumor but it seems reasonable.

So I can't link the article because I havent made 10 posts yet, but they have some new iphone specs.

Shorty

Mar 18, 2009
twitter.com
Probably not, it was a one off when i bought the iPhone 3G PAYG.
Cant afford another ?350+, well not yet anyway...
Maybe when it comes out, i might be working by then.

LionInAComa

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Im on the tail end of my VZW contract with my BB. It ends in July so I'll be all set for the new Iphone. I really wish they would give a definitive answer on an update soon. If I know they aren't I'd pay the ETF right now and grab a 3G. I guess we'll have to wait till Mayish for that news. Any idea when Apple has to submit it to FCC?

inkedgeek

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
I just signed a contract with AT&T about 2 months ago, if give it to me for a reasonable price lets say $350 or less I'll definitely take it.

tchaves

May 15, 2009
Visit site
For me it depends on the upgrades. I started my contract last year, and if it's not something spectacular I'll wait to finish out my contract with the current hardware.

iNick

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Just got my 3G a few weeks ago. If i can renew my contract and get the new iphone at a good price, ill do it for sure, but being a student that needs to pay rent in NY, i may not have the luxury...Of course, i am beyond happy with my current phone and ill probably still be in honeymoon mode till the update after this rumored one.

Kickstar13

May 4, 2009
Visit site
Just got my 3G a few weeks ago. If i can renew my contract and get the new iphone at a good price, ill do it for sure, but being a student that needs to pay rent in NY, i may not have the luxury...Of course, i am beyond happy with my current phone and ill probably still be in honeymoon mode till the update after this rumored one.

Yea I'm looking into selling my 2g and getting the 3g as well.

bmfan#IM

May 12, 2009
Visit site
I just got my iPhone a couple of weeks ago and it does everything i need. so unless the new one is something drastically different ( which is unlikely ) i wont bother upgrading to it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro