Will you purchase the next iPhone?

Will you purchase the next iPhone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Simple question - will you purchase a new iPhone when the time comes this summer? Or are you content with what you currently have?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I will be buying one if they allow early contract renewal with iPhone like they did last time.

You're going to possibly let $150-$200 get in your way of upgrading? I say possibly because I feel that current iPhone owners will be able to get the upgrade price and sign another 2 year contract. Could be wrong though... only time will tell.

Should'nt you have voted not sure yet? ;)

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I will be buying one if they allow early contract renewal with iPhone like they did last time.

I agree with bad ash, the possibility is there for a "special upgrade" for current iPhone owners, but if not...I'll get one anyway, I will be eligible for another exception upgrade at the end of May so I should be set. Still hoping for the "special upgrade" though :D

Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
It depends. I want to see what upgrades will be made; whether it's worth buying a new iPhone. BTW, do you guys know if we'll be able to carry over all our apps and entire itunes library to the next gen device? I would think so but this is my first iPhone so am not quite sure.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
It depends. I want to see what upgrades will be made; whether it's worth buying a new iPhone. BTW, do you guys know if we'll be able to carry over all our apps and entire itunes library to the next gen device? I would think so but this is my first iPhone so am not quite sure.

Yes, they will carry over. Could you imagine the outcry from every single iPhone out there if Apple did something to stop that?

jeremykyle

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
Actually, I don't think that a new iphone will be coming this summer. I think it will only be a new software update, maybe a few colored iPhones, but nothing major. Hopefully they will update the sizes though. A 32 gig one would be nice.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Actually, I don't think that a new iphone will be coming this summer. I think it will only be a new software update, maybe a few colored iPhones, but nothing major. Hopefully they will update the sizes though. A 32 gig one would be nice.

I should have been more clear maybe but yes - no matter how large or small of a upgrade. There will be something, that is for sure.

jeremykyle

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
In that case no, I will not upgrade. I am entirely satisfied with my iPhone just how it is now. I like the glossy black, have no battery or signal issues like some people, and have almost all the features I need. The only thing I would actually like is push notifications and video, which are both software issues.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
It doesn't matter what the new one has... I will get it, unless it's just a color change or gb upgrade.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I said yes. However, if the only hardware change is a bigger hard drive, then I wont. 16gig is enough for me.

Last edited:

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I said yes. However, if the only hardware change is a bigger hard drive, then I wont. 15gig is enough for me.

Heck... I don't even use up the 8 of my 16. In fact, when I had the 1st gen with 8, I only used 4 gbs. Of course I put more videos and apps and needed more than 4.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
It doesn't matter what the new one has... I will get it, unless it's just a color change or gb upgrade.

If my girlfriend didn't want my current phone then I'd agree with you. While 90% of my 16 gig is full I'd probably make the jump to 32 gig. Why not... ;)

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
It depends, I suspect since AT&T subsidizes the iPhone 3G that means anyone who currently has it will not be able to upgrade at a cheaper price until their contract is up. If that is the case I will not get it at the full price. The only way is if Apple can convince them to allow current iPhone users to upgrade at some kind of discount. You know Apple likes everyone to run out and upgrade their iPod to the newest right away so they want to keep it going with the iPhone. A higher resolution screen is really my main request, and making it OLED would be amazing (those things are freaking sweet).

It also depends what they add, and if what ever potential 3.0 software they have will also be on the iPhone 3G. If they give us the new software then getting new hardware might not be needed at all.

Last edited:

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
It depends on what features is had added on. A larger hard drive would be nice, but not critical (I have a fair amount of space as it). HD video would be nice, but again - not critical (I don't download too many movies to watch).

Chris

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
You're going to possibly let $150-$200 get in your way of upgrading? I say possibly because I feel that current iPhone owners will be able to get the upgrade price and sign another 2 year contract. Could be wrong though... only time will tell.
Well I assume the 32GB iPhone will be $299 with a 2 year contract and $599 without contract so I would probably let that get in my way. Although now that I have an blog site for apple I guess I will have to buy one no matter how much or else I will be behind the times and not be able to write anything :)

Shouldn't you have voted not sure yet? ;)
Technically yes, but I have a feeling one way or another I'm going to wind up with one so I voted yes ;)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Well I assume the 32GB iPhone will be $299 with a 2 year contract and $599 without contract so I would probably let that get in my way. Although now that I have an blog site for apple I guess I will have to buy one no matter how much or else I will be behind the times and not be able to write anything :)

Technically yes, but I have a feeling one way or another I'm going to wind up with one so I voted yes ;)

Good man... :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices