Broken? Unlocking? Jailbreak? Turbo?

snowolff

Feb 13, 2009
Visit site
Well, if your haven't guess by the title, I am a newb to iPhones. Friend lost job (like none of us doesn't know someone) and I bought their phone. Should not have a contract. Bought because I am on AT&T. My sim card does not fit..too fat. I am not needing the internet. Don't need text messaging. Can't get 3G network where I live. All I want is basic phone, PDA type info storage, and iPod. I'll settle for a PDA and iPod (with apps and games would be nice). <End of basic information.>

(1) The circuit board (or whatever you call it) on the slot door(?) where you put the sim card, has pulled away from the bottom and is curled a bit. Is it broken? Should I get a replacement? And if so, where? (can send picture if needed)

(2) When it is turned on, it asks for a sim. Can I am make that go away so I can use it for PDA & iPod...maybe apps? Will Unlocking, jail breaking, or turbo sims work?

Help me, Oh Great iPhone wizards!

Thanks!

snowolff

Feb 13, 2009
Visit site
Well, Wizards, I want to thank you for absolutely nothing. As a newbie, I asked for help to make the iPhone that I purchased from a friend work for my needs. All I have gotten was ignored.

Your forum came highly recommended for *HELP* but apparently I must have asked for your eye-teeth because I do not believe that what I asked was over you heads or capabilities.

All I asked for was a share of your knowledge.

Pitiful is the politest word for ...............

mcdan333#AC

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
In a *free* public forum, sometimes you get what you're looking for, sometimes not. That's just the way it goes. Sorry we didn't live up to your expectations.

Whining about it and insulting the community will pretty much guarantee that you don't get any help, though.

snowolff

Feb 13, 2009
Visit site
Whining not. lol.

Help? Hadn't happened. What would make anyone think that what I wrote is really going to make that much difference? lol

Guarantee? lol... Today is just another day.

Not *even* trying to insult anyone...stating fact. Wizards did not live up to reputation. Fact. That's the way it goes. fact. It is not going to make or break my day. fact.

If this was the only place on the internet to get this help, I might consider the lack of help to be snobbery. lol.

This is not whining, not *****ing, not complaining. Laughing? Yes. lol...

....ROFLOL

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Well, Wizards, I want to thank you for absolutely nothing. As a newbie, I asked for help to make the iPhone that I purchased from a friend work for my needs. All I have gotten was ignored.

Your forum came highly recommended for *HELP* but apparently I must have asked for your eye-teeth because I do not believe that what I asked was over you heads or capabilities.

All I asked for was a share of your knowledge.

Pitiful is the politest word for ...............

Not very polite are we? I looked at your original post and it pretty much made no sense what so ever. Circuit board on the slot door where you put the sim card? Regardless, sometimes posts get tossed aside and the correct way is to simply bump the post back to the top by replying to it yourself so others can see it. A simple reply of "bump" would have been enough but insulting members here will get you no where. The fact is, no one owes you anything and not a single member here or on any other forum has to live up to any reputation that you have placed on them.

Funny thing is, I was about to help you out until I read your second post... :rolleyes:

Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
Not very polite are we? I looked at your original post and it pretty much made no sense what so ever. Circuit board on the slot door where you put the sim card? Regardless, sometimes posts get tossed aside and the correct way is to simply bump the post back to the top by replying to it yourself so others can see it. A simple reply of "bump" would have been enough but insulting members here will get you no where. The fact is, no one owes you anything and not a single member here or on any other forum has to live up to any reputation that you have placed on them.

Funny thing is, I was about to help you out until I read your second post... :rolleyes:

Have a nice day.

BAD.......you're GOOD. Well said.;)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73