Red light indicator

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Does anybody that had a blackberry before miss the red light indicator that blinked when you had a message and such?

I have a Blackberry now along with the iPhone and it really does not matter that much to me. I guess it may be a big deal if my phones left my side - but that is something that never happens. Well maybe occasionally...

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
Does anybody that had a blackberry before miss the red light indicator that blinked when you had a message and such?

I had a BB briefly and really did enjoy that. At work I keep the volume on my Iphone at a low setting so I often miss the sound of a new email or text arrival. It is nice to just peek to see if the red light is blinking.

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
I had a BB briefly and really did enjoy that. At work I keep the volume on my Iphone at a low setting so I often miss the sound of a new email or text arrival. It is nice to just peek to see if the red light is blinking.

I am also in situations a lot where I will miss an alert from my phone... The little red light was nice, but I will not loose much sleep over it.

Wyatt

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
Sounds more addicting and non-productive than anything else. While I never owned a BB I have never felt the need to know exactly when every single message comes in. Guess that's all part of the crack.:)

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I had a BB for several years and it was more of an addiction always looking to see if the light was blinking lol as if a smartphone itself isn't addicting enough lol so I don't miss it really, would be kinda nice if the iphone had one, but i don't think it'll ever happen, i don't apple will ever copy the BB but you never know lol

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
a lot of android phones have it to.

The best case i see, is Apple adding the notifications to the lock screen so all you have to do is tap the sleep/wake button, see the notifcation you want, tap it and be brought right to the deal. (ie; missed call. Tap that miss call and be brought to the phone app with the number already typed, so all you need to do is hit the call button.

kellyp513

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I had a blackberry for 3 years and when I made the switch to an iphone I thought the red light would be one of the things I really missed. Turns out I haven't missed it at all.

Cordishead

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I missed the red light at first, but then I realized the phone was controlling me. I would rather look to see If i have a notification when it's convenient for me. I have the lockscreen hack after jailbreaking, so I can just look at the lock screen and see calls, messages, emails, app notifications, the weather, and more. I can open the corresponding notification from the lockscreen too. Without this I would definitely be annoyed to have to unlock the phone everytime you want to see if there's something new, but I don't miss the light demanding I look.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2