Windows sync pop up question

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
Whenever I plug my iphone in, a screen pops up asking me what I want to do with the pictures on my iphone... is there to stop this from happening?

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
NB,

On a Mac, any time I take a picture from my Iphone and then connect the phone to my Mac, it will ask me if I want to download the pictures. Just like if you had taken pics with a regular camera and then connected to your pc it will ask if you want to download them. So, in order to stop it from constantly asking me every time, I simply download the pics to my Mac and it will stop 'bugging' me. I usually just delete the pics from the 'camera roll' on the Iphone and then add them back if I want to keep them on the phone but I organize them in album folders on my Mac so I can sync them back to the Iphone in the album I want them in. Sounds confusing, but is very simple to do.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
In windows (vista at least) it's gonna do it every time, whether there are new pics taken or not. Windows see it as you plugging in a camera/flash card. Just tell it OK every time, or close it out, kinda annoying but you get used to it. I think most people don't always plug it into their computer to charge, they use the wall charger adapter and only plug into the computer if they are going to sync so it doesn't really bother them as much.

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
In windows (vista at least) it's gonna do it every time, whether there are new pics taken or not. Windows see it as you plugging in a camera/flash card. Just tell it OK every time, or close it out, kinda annoying but you get used to it. I think most people don't always plug it into their computer to charge, they use the wall charger adapter and only plug into the computer if they are going to sync so it doesn't really bother them as much.

Thats a good point! Didn't even think of that.

decaharms

Sep 12, 2009
Visit site
Windows popup workaround

I found a way around this in Windows XP:

Hook your iPhone to your computer.

Click on "Start" and then on "My Computer"

Find your iPhone icon and right-click on it.

Click on "Properties" from the drop down window.

Click on the "Events" tab

Click on "Take no Action" in the Actions section

Click on "Apply" then "OK"

That should solve the problem of the pop up window showing up every time you try to sync the iPhone.

Hope that helps!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner