Weird mail notification badge issue

haplo53

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
I have Mail on my iphone 3G set up only for my me.com account (same with Mail on my Macbook). For whatever reason, on my iphone home screen the notification badge for Mail shows twice the number of unread messages in my inbox as I actually have. For instance, if I have no unread messages and then get one new message, the notification badge for Mail will say "2."

It's not a huge deal; I'm just sort of annoyed that it doesn't seem to work like it should. Anybody else have this issue? Anybody resolve it?

haplo53

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Just did it now; no luck, unfortunately. I've actually had this problem since I switched over to MM, so I've power cycled my phone for various other things along the way and this issue has never cleared up.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Have you checked to make sure you don't have your account on your phone twice? When you launch the mail app hit accounts on the upper left and see if you have two MobileMes. I had two once. If you tell iTunes to sync mail with MobileMe and also manually add it to the iPhone, you'll end up with the account twice.

haplo53

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Have you checked to make sure you don't have your account on your phone twice? When you launch the mail app hit accounts on the upper left and see if you have two MobileMes. I had two once. If you tell iTunes to sync mail with MobileMe and also manually add it to the iPhone, you'll end up with the account twice.

SOLVED! You rock! Many thanks!

dooks88

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site

Good work!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner