San Jose Sharks radio streaming

mcdan333#AC

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
I will be away from home for the next week and would like to stream Sharks games on my iPhone, but I haven't found the right app/stream combination. Anyone else solve this problem? I have the Nullriver Tuner app if that helps.

In the past I used pTunes on my Treo 650 to stream from one of their radio network affiliates, but so far the iPhone has me stumped.

mcdan333#AC

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
I'm a Sharks fan, true. But i was born and raised in Hockeytown so I like to see the Wings bring it home too.

Anyhow, back to my original question... does anybody stream any NHL games on their iPhone?

dragonsgoalie

Feb 23, 2009
Visit site
I saw that Sirius Xm will be coming soon to the Mobile world, if they allow NHL Home ice we'll be able to get it then. I know that on my Online XM player, NHL channels are not an option, so we'll have to see. No hard feelings SJ man!
GO WINGS!!!!!

pyops

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Listening to Sharks

Yes it can be done. The reason you cannot listen to the Sharks flagship radio station KFOX 98.5 FM on your iPhone is because they use FLASH to broadcast and the FLASH player is not (yet) available on the iPhone.

So instead, buy the Radio for iPhone app for $.99

www . radioforiphone . com

Then from the RADIO directory in the app select category SPORTS and then under letter K select KHTK AM or FM. They are a Sharks Affiliate radio station out of Sacramento.

The affiliates don't all broadcast every game. So another is KOMY in Monterey. They are not listed in any directory in the app, so to add them go to the STREAMS button, then hit the "+" at the top to add a stream. The URL to use is an IP address

207.111.193.2:9020

Name it KOMY 1340 AM.

In the last week or so KOMY have been faint and hard to hear, but I have had good luck with them in the past.

Go Sharks.

Bill McNeal

Apr 23, 2009
Visit site
FWIW, I'm a Flyers fan, and they broadcast their games on 610 WIP AM, I was able to get that on flycast (free app) and the quality is incredible. You might wanna check out flycast to see if they have your station on there.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2