Email Attachments?

rthogmartin#IM

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Is there a way to attach files (.pdf, excel, ect) to an email on the iphone 3g? I am assuming it would have to be through an app since the option to attach does not appear on the iphone anywhere.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of an app that could handle this?

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Native support for this is not available on the iPhone. here might be a jailbreka solution, but I am unaware if one exists.

Casper TFG

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
Any light at the end of the 3.0 tunnel for this? (non Jailbreak)

I have to send people PDF price lists and Word documents to close sales for my business...(presently I have these stored on my Blackberry Curve 8900's 16 gig SDHC chip..)

I could I suppose send them to a web URL with the info down-loadable - but that isn't very private.. and involves an extra hoop for my clients to jump through. Sending the info 'when I am back in the office' isn't very web 2.0 izit?

Surely if we can send photos in 3.0 .... other attachments might work too?

Have you folks found any work-arounds?

I am only talking a few small file sized documents - not reams of sh!t :p

(BTW it could be in any text based format - I suppose.. as long as it doesn't look TOO crappy.. I suppose a 'page sized' (but small file sized....) PHOTO of the info (brochure) would work..:eek: And some sort of email TEMPLATE for the more text based stuff ...???)

Am I answering my own questions here? (Yes! Perhaps!)

How are you? (I am excellent!)

Many thanks in advance..

Apple screws over Adobe by inventing its OWN 'photo' version of PDF?
And invents its OWN version of Flash?
News at 10?

Last edited:

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
The only workaround I can think of is for you to email them to yourself ahead of time, create a special folder for your pdf's so they're easy to find, then when you need to send them to your customers you can just forward them.

Casper TFG

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
Ah cool.. thanks

so it works to FORWARD emails with attachments? Got it!

So next question is...

Is there a "saved zone" or "filed area" on the iPhone where I can stash the emails I want to be forwarding often?

I suppose I could always follow this procedure:

1) add the potential clients email to my address book

2) 'invoke' the sales info email with my attachments with a Spotlight search

3) forward the potential client that...

Yoooooo Rang?

Last edited:

JNGold

Sep 12, 2006
Visit site
There is a solution. In the app store, look up an app called MobileFiles. I am trying it out on my iPod Touch in preparation for my move to an iPhone from WM.

The only limitation I have found thusfar is that you can't send multiple files. But it does work well for a single file stored on the device.

Last edited:

CYaris

Jun 30, 2009
www.esqtechsolutions.com
I can't believe a smartphone this "advanced" won't allow the attaching of files to an e-mail.

I know the treo didn't without additional software, but there were choices in this regard (chatteremail to be exact).

So, how do you send files from the iphone? Isn't this a necessary business element?

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I can't believe a smartphone this "advanced" won't allow the attaching of files to an e-mail.

I know the treo didn't without additional software, but there were choices in this regard (chatteremail to be exact).

So, how do you send files from the iphone? Isn't this a necessary business element?

Both QuickOffice and FileMagic can do this. I use them daily. There may be others but I am not aware of them. D2G, strangely, does not allow this yet.:confused: I know they have promised an update so maybe it will be in the update for D2G.

The only thing that you still can't do, that I am aware of, is download an attachment in an email to your iPhone. I hope this is addressed soon.

bubbatex

Apr 3, 2006
Visit site
Hey Brickman - if I just want to store files on my iPhone that I want to have available to email (no need to edit), then FileMagic would be the answer for $5. If I need to VIEW Word/Excel attachments, save and then email, I need QuickOffice. It is now $12.99, so it seems that QO is the better deal for $7 more if I need to do anything other than just grabbing an doc to email it from the iPhone.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Hey Brickman - if I just want to store files on my iPhone that I want to have available to email (no need to edit), then FileMagic would be the answer for $5. If I need to VIEW Word/Excel attachments, save and then email, I need QuickOffice. It is now $12.99, so it seems that QO is the better deal for $7 more if I need to do anything other than just grabbing an doc to email it from the iPhone.

FileMagic is just a "filing cabinet". It will store/view/organize anything. It is wonderful. You can Wifi entire folders or single docs from your desktop to your iPhone and organize them. It works the way "Files" did on Palm except much prettier.:D

QuickOffice will do the same thing because it also has a"Filing Cabinet" with it. I am not sure about pictures though. FM will file pics. The advantage that QO has over FM is that if you ever have to edit/create a Word/Excel you can. QO also syncs with MoMe if you use that service. This is why I have QO. It is sweet! The only thing that QO does not do is sync entire folders,(I will double check this) but your entire iDisk is available if you use MoMe.

You can attach any doc from FM or QO and email it from your iPhone. Now to be clear. you still can NOT download an attachment in an email from your iPhone and put it into QO or FM. YOu have to download the attachment onto your desktop then sync it to FM or QO.

IMHO, Quick office is more than worth the $7.00 extra.

I will be dipped if I can find filemagic on the UK app store!!!

Try this link :D
It is from Splash Data
There seem to be seveal flavors of quick office... Which one to get ?

You want this one It is QuickOffice Mobile Office Suite $12.99

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Just double checked and you can send entire folders and Pictures via WiFi thru QuickOffice as well as FileMagic. :D

Both are great it just depends upon your needs.

Casper TFG

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
I got the cheapo quick office 'lite' for a few bucks..

Works fine..

Its a PITA that I have to cut and paste my clients email address into a fresh email and am unable to respond directly to an email they sent (adding the attachments..)

But its DOES email (multiple) attachments...

So thats a relief..:eek:

Its a kludge - its not Blackberry cool... :rolleyes:

This HAS to be fixed in an iPhone update...!! :mad: Its very inconvenient and unbusinesslike IMHO.

Last edited:

marketsqhero

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Can you not copy/paste into an email?

Not sure about from QO or similar, but you can go into the photo app, copy a photo, go into the mail app, click reply and paste into it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner