Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

2 Posts

Angry On 4th I-phone in 14 mths (2G).

I'm really not tough on my phones so I don't understand it ... am I just unlucky ?

I had 1st phone for 11 mths with no problems and excellent battery life then the camera went wacky ... colors were all crazily distorted.

Apple replaced it & after aprox 1 month, I travelled to Aussie re-charging with a voltage converter, then functions began to gradually lock out .. after 1 week it was totally locked ... couldn't even get past entry screen.

Apple replaced it & I upgraded to latest software ... not sure if that's it or just a duff phone but immediately the phone seemed warm most of the time & the battery wouldn't get thru 3/4 day where before I was getting 2+ days.

Apple replaced it again but no improvement in battery life at all. So I've been gradually shutting down functions to see what's sucking the power & so far have turned off: Push, Location, E-mail & set Fetch to hourly with no improvement. After reading blogs have decided to try full restore & set up as new phone tonight ... I love my phone but truely, this is starting to get too much. .... anyone else running into so many problems ?? ... l will advise of progress with latest fix attempt.
    iPhone Intermediate

187 Posts
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

I think you may be an isolated case. I had 2 iphone 2g's and 2 iphone 3g's with no issue what so ever. Maybe try upgrading to a 3g, then selling your 2g on ebay. They are fetching around $300 for an 8gig.