Bad defected Iphones what they dont want u to knw!!!

rubyred

Feb 1, 2009
Visit site
Check your iphone! iphone says sorry cosmetic defect????
I don?t know about most of you but I just got my new iphone 4 weeks ago. At first all seemed ok however after take my iphone in a dark room I realized that there was a gap btwn the glass and the metal molding. Light was creeping thru the gap! I went back to AT&T where I bought the phone they saw the problem charged me a restocking fee of $20.00 and gave me a new iphone. They said if I went straight to apple store they wouldn?t charge me the 20 bucks. Didn?t have the time so out came the 20! Gets better, guess what? The second iphone had the same problem a gap btwn the glass and metal frame now I?m pissed! Take my Sunday afternoon, my DAY OFF...Go to apple store on Prince and Broadway. Genius guy tells me he hasn?t seen a gap this big apologizes says he'll replace at no cost but cant guarantee me that the next phone won?t have the same problem?? I asked him what you mean. Is apple aware of this defect, he says yes 1 out of every 10 phone seems to have this gap. I said well then how will I know that I?m not getting one without the gap he said since this is my 3rd phone odds are on my side! Gives me new iphone shows me that the gap in this new iphone isn?t as bad as the one a just returned. It was too bright in the apple store so I couldn?t tell but I told him I?ll take his word!! Bad mistake...got home and wow there it was bright as day, light seeping thru the glass and metal frame. NOW IM REAL MAD...wasted another SUNDAY, off to the apple store. Genius guy?if that?s what u want to call them, says there nothing we can do it?s the 3rd iphone you replaced! I said and that my fault the asshole was blaming me for their defected phones? He says ok will try one more time but he can?t guarantee it will be any better I had nothing to lose so I said go for it! Guess what DEFECT!!! That?s right they claim that most of the iphone?s have the cosmetic not defect but look to it? excuse me I said, let me speak to a manager, I did he said you can return the phone I said gr8 but I?m stuck in the contract get me out of the contract you can have your Iphone back. After realizing at&t wouldn?t let me out of contract he got his manager to talk to me...I get "sorry all the phone are like this" and get a load of this I wouldn't be happy any way even if I got a iphone without the gap. As if to say I being difficult because they sold me a defected phone!!! Says he can?t change it again because chances are that they will all have the same defect!! Sorry cosmetic defect???? Hey there world? check your iphone for this defect everyone who owns an iphone should take it in a room not so brightly lit and see that left hand side of almost all iphones have this defect.
Not all phones do, some as most of my friends don?t have this defect but they have it for awhile so I?m assuming it?s a new problem! HELP ME ANYONE!
Ok after leaving the Apple store, it?s Sunday evening out with friends taking some pictures with the new iphone and phone crashes!!!
Ok reboot the iphone get white screen?reboot again. Everything seems ok want to make a call screen dies!!! Try to reboot again nothing!! Get home hook it up to iTunes rest the whole iphone seems to be taking? In the morning first call to apple explain the whole situation they apologize for all the trouble and will set me up with brand new iphone! The guy on the phone tell me if I can go to settings on the iphone that I?m on, I said sure Ill try, as I tap on the screen guess what white screen again I tell the guy on the phone can?t do to the crappy phone you guys sold me! He again opligized and said that he?ll take care of everything just stay on the line. I informed him that hey we might disconnected because the phone acting crazy. He says if we get disconnected he?ll call me back! Guess what after waiting on hold for about 20 minutes or so disconnect my iphone just died again!! This time it won?t start up at all! Get in to office call from land line the iphone miraculously starts again but switches from blank to white to regular screen. This time I call and ask for a manager! He gets on oh! First guy did leave me a message telling me that a new iphone will be waiting for me at any apple store. Now I?m on the phone with an apple manager tell him the whole ordeal I went thru expect something for my troubles he tells me hey we?re replace your new broken iphone with a new phone isn?t that enough? I said I?ve been running around for the last three week replacing your defected iphone take my afternoon where I could be out with my family instead here in an apple store, gas, parking etc. and not only that but today is Monday morning I?m missing important calls because the iphone crashed and won?t come on and I now have to make another trip to an apple store in the city which won?t happen till this evening because I don?t want to lose my job. So the whole day today I?ll be without a phone. And you want me to be grateful that you?re replacing the 4th brand new defected iphone with a new one so I should be grateful!! Apple gets over yourselves. I?m letting the whole world know that they are probably hold a defected iphone and not knowing it!!!

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
WOW! Are you for real or just here to slam the Iphone? If you are for real, I apologize. If not, I simply don't understand the whole trolling and slamming thing. Such a waste of everyones' time and so childish.
But, if all of the above story truly happened, again, WOW. I even took my Iphone in to a dark closet just to double check, and nope, nothing. Although, in all fairness, I did have to return my Iphone for a pixel problem on the screen but I certainly did not have to return it 3 times, only once.
Sorry for your troubles if you are being truthful and just call me gullible if you are not.

dooks88

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
My iphone doesnt have this issue. My ipod touch (2nd gen) does however. And I have to say, it really doesnt bother me at all. I mean seriously, i will probably drop it 30 times over its life. It will get scratched and dented. That is the life of a device that gets used. Surely not something to get a heart attack over.

Geaux

Jan 18, 2009
Visit site
My phone has the light leak on the side, but it doesn't bother me nor would I waste the time to deal with ATT or Apple hah. The light leak is a known issue, I've googled it, but no biggie. I Love this phone with a passion.

fendushi

Feb 4, 2009
Visit site
There is more to life than worry about a slight gap on your iphone... I feel sorry for you.

It's a great phone... it has brought joy to millions of users.

Just enjoy using it and be happy that you can own one.

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
So... Is this the same Troll just signing up under a different name?:confused:

Is there any way to stop people like this?

I wish there was. And unfortunately we continue to reply to them. Look how many responses we have here. Perhaps we should simply ignore them and turn up our APPLE noses when we read these posts.:rolleyes:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro