The painstaking process of enterting data...

Avrum68

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
...into the iphone calendar.

It's so slow and cumbersome, I've actually written down appts, and entered them into iCal when I get home. Ugggh. Everyone's yammering on and on about cut/paste. I'm still waiting for the basic functions to work as expected.

Anyone else frustrated with the amount of time it takes to enter data?

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
I am at least 3 times more productive (when it comes to entering data) on the iPhone compared to BB (hard keyboard). I find it easy and fast. You gota trust auto correction.

reyza

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
There more buttons than there should be to get through. Other than that i've gotten used to typing fast in the iPhone, it just takes a long time to get used to.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Hmmmm, I don't have this problem. As melwan said, it's much more cumbersome using a Blackberry's calendar. It takes me seconds to enter a calendar appointment...

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I agree with melwan and Bad Ash.

What makes it difficult for you? Maybe we can help you enter info faster somehow.

Avrum68

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
I agree with melwan and Bad Ash.

What makes it difficult for you? Maybe we can help you enter info faster somehow.

It's the not the keyboard - though like most smartphones - it's a irksome all the same. It's the lag time between opening calendear, and then an appt. It seems to take quite a bit longer than my Palm. Very annoying. My friend has an iphone and confirmed the same issue. Drives him nuts as well.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
It's the not the keyboard - though like most smartphones - it's a irksome all the same. It's the lag time between opening calendear, and then an appt. It seems to take quite a bit longer than my Palm. Very annoying. My friend has an iphone and confirmed the same issue. Drives him nuts as well.

I am able to get to add an appointment via calendar in only a few seconds. Very fast for me. Does you iPhone lag on most apps or just the calendar? If there is a system wide lag, you might try restarting the phone.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site

What you may be experiencing is the "animation" that the iPhone has between apps.:confused: I have had almost all the Palms from my M500 to the Treo 755P. My personal experience was that it actually takes about the same amount of time to enter a calender date on both devices. It is just that the iPhone enters in a different way than a Palm does. The Palms take more steps to enter an appointment in but the "clicks" are almost instantaneous. Where the iPhone takes fewer steps but the "animation" makes it seem slower.

Now that is just my VERY humble opinion. I enter appoints in my iPhone all day. I have too. I am on the road all day.;)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com

No lag here.

zukir02

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
I dont have any problems entering anything into my calendar. If my phone starts to run a little slow I just reboot it and the problem is fixed, and I dont have to do that much.

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
I sync my calendar with Google Calendar using nuevasync, which uses MS Exchange. I have around 7 calendars that get synced. I am not experiencing any issues with lagging. It's all smooth here.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
ICal and us holidays!

Correct me if I am wrong but we (iphone users) have been out of luck when it comes to getting Us Holidays on their Calender on the phone? At least I have been unable to sync it. but as of today I went to my Idisk and found a nifty little calender just sitting there that was titled US holidays...so I clicked on it and it asked me which calender I wanted to put it under and I said HOME and then BOOM I now have us holidays on my Iphone?

I do hope that this helps anyone looking for us holidays on their phone. and If this is old news then perhaps we should get the word out again as I have been searching for this for a year and a half.

I hope this is the right thread to put this under?????

Last edited:

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
well we now have cut/copy and paste. lets see how it works for the calender. should be a lot easier to input data!

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
OMG. I feel the SAME WAY !!!!

Some of the basic features need a real improvement and more features !

I totally agree. Fix what you have now and work on what you can add on late.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2