Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

124 Posts

Default Over-Heating Issue

I'm new ti this forum

I've been having several issues with my iPhone.

3 Minutes into talking on the phone, my phone turns into a burning ball of melted iPhone. (Doesn't make sense at all)

But seriously, it is REALLY hot, and it irritates me after, I talk. Including when I surf the internet for a couple of minutes, it gets hot also.

I bought my phone in October 2008, I know I'm eligible to return it and get a new one, but do I need to pack up all the things I got with my iPhone to get a new one, or the iPhone itself?
    iPhone Intermediate

187 Posts
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

Is it the original iPhone? Or the 3g? What software version are you running? Jailbroken?

If you are exchanging your iPhone, just do a sync and bring your phone only in the store. They will take a look at it and hand you a replacement phone if need be.

1,287 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,305 Global Posts

Does the battery seems to drain faster than normal? I know my phone would get very hot doing nothing and the battery would drain really really fast!

I had to do a full restore (not from backup) and it resolved my problem. Could be worth a try before going to return it.