iPHONE = Whitewashed Crap
- FANCY UI BUT NO CUT AND PASTE
What smart phone DOES NOT HAVE CUT AND PASTE. Every Blackberry had it
since 1999 or whenever the first blackberry came out.
NO MULTI TASKING
Again what were they thinking every os other than MS Dog has had multitasking again the first blackberry has had it since 1999 or whenever it came out. in the blackberry you can have 50 apps open if you have enough cpu/ram.
No push email but hey it ain't a blackberry.
Hey i can get all these features the CRAPPLE iPHONE lacks for the low low price of zero dollars and zero cents.
- FANCY UI BUT NO CUT AND PASTE
- 01-26-2009, 05:30 AM #2
- 01-26-2009, 06:44 AM #3
Hang on....no push email? Hmmmm whats that ping I just heard? Oh look.....its my Microsoft Exchange...telling me it's just pushed me an email.....
Oh and I also have a blackberry and i get sick of having to go and properly close apps because it starts running slow, so personally I think its better that my iPhone closes things when im done.
- 01-26-2009, 08:48 AM #4
For the sake of anyone who may stumble upon this one day:
1) No cut and paste is true, but many apps have features that duplicate some functions, like email URL from Browser
2) iPhone multitasks very well. Get a call, slip out to the browser, look something up, save a picture, email the picture, come back to call, hang up, fade back in music. Good stuff.
3) iPhone does push MobileMe and ActiveSync Exchange very well.
- 01-26-2009, 09:11 AM #5
- 01-26-2009, 09:23 AM #6
This guy is simply troll - same 4 posts here as in the Crackberry forums.
Also take into consideration that the OP sports a Blackberry Pearl...
*Update - he updated his device - "NONE YET"
Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 01-26-2009 at 09:54 AM.
- 01-26-2009, 09:37 AM #7
- 01-26-2009, 09:39 AM #8
- 01-26-2009, 09:50 AM #9
Yea, why are you here.
- BB = Glorified corporate style paging & email system. Oh, sorry I was going to get back to you. I didn't know you knew I read my email yesterday.
- BB = I can only IM with other BB's due to PIN system. Guess I'll just have to convince all my friends to convert to BB so we can chat.
- BB = I need BIS account & my PC to setup email. Guess I'll wait till I get to work to setup my email.
- BB = 1GB memory... Now that's a lot of storage. What do you mean I need to buy a storage card for my music and video.
- BB = Java apps... That should be fun.
- BB = Easy to use... but wait I haven't gotten to my PC to setup my email.
- iPhone = Email from most any system and "Push" included. Nice.
- iPhone = I can IM with any other phone or PC... cool.
- iPhone = I need that email from yesterday to place an order. No sweat I'll just setup my account on the bus ride to work.
- iPhone = 8GB or 16GB of memory. Talk about self-contained with room to spare.
- iPhone = Objective C and Cocoa... how sweet real software is.
- iPhone = Simple to use. My kids figured it out already.
Okay there's my rant.
Can we stop with the useless posts now and get back to helping each other.
- 01-26-2009, 10:13 AM #10
- 01-26-2009, 10:27 AM #11
my big problem with the iphone is that it's an all flash consumer device, rather than a device that is designed for real use for a while.
- 01-26-2009, 11:10 AM #14
- 01-26-2009, 12:13 PM #16iPhone Intermediate
- 195 Posts
Blackberry isn't for every one, I had one for 2 years and never used everything it can do. A lot of people own blackberrys and only use them to text and talk on the phone.
We don't really care if you like the iphone or not, yeah it lacks a few things but so what. People like what they like, if you dont like it oh well. People will use the phone that they like better.
- 01-26-2009, 01:46 PM #17
The lack of cut and paste was my one, true reservation about migrating from my Treo to the iPhone. Well, I've had the iPhone since launch day (about 7-8 months now) and I've gotten by just fine without c/p.
Don't get me wrong; I still hope it comes in a firmware update, but my point is that the iphone is so wonderful, there are always other ways to get around it. I've learned to survive without copy/paste and so have millions of other iPhone users. So no regrets here.
Last edited by Tunnelrunner; 01-26-2009 at 01:50 PM.
- 01-26-2009, 02:01 PM #18
The iphone doesn't have copy/paste? Looks like I won't be buying that phone... Oh wait,
Still has the best media experience
Still has the best browser
Still has the best UI
So you can buy a phone that has 2nd best to all of these just to have copy and paste if you like. I will stick with a ton of "best's" for a few things that will eventually be fixed with updates.
- 01-26-2009, 04:16 PM #19
AND copy and paste is not valid point for jailbreakers anymore. We have 2 (TWO) fully functioning copy/paste apps on Cydia right now. Clippy and hClipboard.
Both work flawlesly despite the fact that both are early in development.
Check them out if you are jailbroken.
- 01-26-2009, 05:59 PM #20
I use portrait mode most of the time but there are several landscape options available for text input that are very nice. If you want some help in figuring out how to best use your iPhone, all you need to do is politely ask. There are many who would love to share. If you just want to start a fight...may I suggest going over to Crackberry.com. You will be more comfortable there.
- 01-26-2009, 06:32 PM #21