Sick of getting different words when you are trying to type other 4 letter words?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Every time you type a certain 4 letter word you always get another word that you don't want... On older iPhone firmware all you had to do was hit the X when it tried changing the word and it would learn the correct word after three tries. Well that feature went away with firmware 2.0 but there is a work around...

Go into Google search bar in Safari... then type in the word you want it to remember. Two or three times should do it. Now exit out and go try creating a SMS message with that word... should work flawlessly.

Enjoy being able to type F#$# now!
:p

Last edited:

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Another way to do this is to create a contact with the, ahem, colorful language contained in it. Create a dummy contact and I do believe that you can then in the notes section type all of the 4 letter words you normally use and it will show up with no other suggestions...like "duck".

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Another way to do this is to create a contact with the, ahem, colorful language contained in it. Create a dummy contact and I do believe that you can then in the notes section type all of the 4 letter words you normally use and it will show up with no other suggestions...like "duck".

More ways the better. I wonder why Apple changed this... :confused:

Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
Good ideas, fellas; never thought of a dummy contact.

The auto-spell can be annoying at times, but the alternative (no auto correct on an all-touch screen device) would be worse, IMO.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Good ideas, fellas; never thought of a dummy contact.

The auto-spell can be annoying at times, but the alternative (no auto correct on an all-touch screen device) would be worse, IMO.

What I don't get is why Apple changed how it worked. Previously to 2.0 you could correct it and after 3 times of correcting a word it would learn it. Maybe I am crazy but that's how I thought it worked.

Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
I would have to agree that entering the slang words into Safari's Google window (3 times minimum) appears to be the only way to get the word to "stick.". I wasn't having any luck with the dummy contact.

FYI: the only abbreviation that I can't seem to get to stick is "PC.". Trying to type "PC" (lower or upper case) will *always* bring up "of" as a suggestion. I guess there's no way around that one seeing the close proximity of the keys involved.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AbbiePilgrim