Joining soon...

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys, I have month until I can upgrade. I am leaning hard towards the 3G but recently I have been reading a lot about people having trouble with dropped calls. Is this something that I should be worried about? I really want the iphone, but this is a little off-putting. :confused:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Depends on your area and how strong your 3G signal will be. Do you currently have AT&T? If not, you can buy a iPhone and test it out for 30 days.

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
I have AT&T now, but 3G is not yet available in my area. I live in Vermont so the iphone has just become available (very exciting). I have dropped calls now and then, but nothing out of the ordinary. If the iphone gets average service and it does not drop calls any more than my current phone, I will be happy.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Well the dropped calls mainly came from people with poor 3G service. Not EDGE. I am in the Chicago area and never have had a issue with dropped calls.

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
Sweet. I have to wait until February 14th... I don't think I am going to make it. A few more questions...

1)Why am I not allowed to edit my profile? It says I have been restricted...

2) I keep reading about people jail breaking their phones. I know everyone says it is "fool proof" and that nothing bad can happen, but I find that hard to believe. I know there is the option to system restore, but there is always the chance you might brick it right? I don't know if I would ever be ballsy enough to jail break.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
1. You must have a certain amount of posts before you can edit your profile. To protect ourselves and you from spammers.

2. Nothing is fool proof, things can happen. But more than likely you would be fine.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner