How to copy PDF from PC to iphone and read it locally ?

hkbeer

Jan 17, 2009
Visit site
I want to copy a PDF file from PC to iphone and read it on iphone.
I do not want to use any bandwidth to download PDF file.

How to do it after jailbreak ??
Thanks

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
Your best bet is to grab an App like Discover (free but with ads) or WiFi Disk ($1.99) from the App Store. You can store many types of files and view them offline. All u need is a wifi connection to transfer the files, so no bandwidth is used. And all the transfers are done from any web browser.

hkbeer

Jan 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. Even I have copied the file to iphone, how to read the PDF File given no file manager or file explorer on iphone. Some people say use Safari but - how ? what address to type etc ??

mahomer

Nov 14, 2008
www.bootcampmobile.com
@hkbeer - let us know which app you end up using and the answer to your question above. I too would like to know that. To handle a similar problem, I wanted some docs for reference on my iphone (flight confirmations, hotel info, etc) and I stumbled across an app called ACTPrinter. You just print 'to your iphone' and it syncs over via wifi from your computer. I used it a few times and it worked well. I think it requires OSX.

I imagine their could be better ways but that is the app I stumbled upon. Anyone got a better app for storing some reference docs like airline confirmations, etc.

Note: Being the geek I am I tried to scan the barcode from the confirmation document that I saved to the 'printer' app at one of the airport kiosk checkin machines and it actually scanned. I thought that was pretty cool.

- mark

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
I am looking for an app to transfer a document that I have put together with all credit card info, passwords, and other important info. But I want to be able to password protect it. Files lite worked easily but no password protection. I tried Files by Ractor but could not get the wifi transfer to work on my mac. Anyone know of an easy password file protect app?

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
On a Mac, I use ACTPrinter that Mark suggested. It's a great little app. But unfortunately for PC users, it only works on a mac.

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
Files Lite works easily on a MAC to Iphone. It requires an wifi connect through Finder and then simply drag the file to the Iphone File location. Both the Iphone and MAc have to be on at the same time.

I just bought the Files app. Works like the Files lite but has password protection.

yildi

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
Hello,
I use Airsharing, it shows quite readable PDFs on the iPhone. It acts as a web server onto which you can copy files (in both direction) using a web browser. I use Safari for Windows since it uses Bonjour and allows for simple address for the connection, like
http://name-of-your-iphone/

I hope this helps.

Murat

reyza

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Ok. This requires a jailbroken phone. In cydia there is an app called Docs. It will read most document file types including PDF. Once you have that you can either use SSH(Windows Guide To Using WinSCP With iPhone) to get into the phone filesystem with wifi to save a file somewhere or you can install DiskAid(DiskAid - Transfer Files betwen your Computer and your iPhone or iPod Touch. Disk Mode for your iPhone and iPod Touch.) on your computer and use an iPod cable to transfer files.

You can make your own Folder to store thing just remember the directory so you can search for it in the Docs app.

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: Copy PDF from PC to iPhone

I have a lot of pdf files. I was emailing them to myself and then opening them with pdf reader - lite/free version. Or I was using DropBox and reading them from there. But both of these ways require data connections. Then I discovered 2 alternatives:

1.. Open them from an email. Once they have been opened, it seems like they can be read later without a data connection.

Or

2. Open them in an email and save them as an iBook and read them anytime.

736dave

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I want to copy a PDF file from PC to iphone and read it on iphone.
I do not want to use any bandwidth to download PDF file.

How to do it after jailbreak ??
Thanks

Apple products support PDF just fine.

There are lots of free PDF readers available in the app store. Load any one of these.

Once loaded, if you don't want to use bandwidth, I expect you want to plug into your computer and transfer over the wire using iTunes:

Plug in your iPhone, choose your iPhone on the left of iTunes, choose Apps at the top, pick the free PDF reader app (you downloaded earlier) in the frame at the bottom left, and drag your files into the Documents frame on the bottom right. then sync

736dave

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I am looking for an app to transfer a document that I have put together with all credit card info, passwords, and other important info. But I want to be able to password protect it. Files lite worked easily but no password protection. I tried Files by Ractor but could not get the wifi transfer to work on my mac. Anyone know of an easy password file protect app?

You might look at LastPass (my favorite)(free version). Or 1Password (not cheap, but popular).

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
You didn't state whether or not this is the pc that you use to sync your iphone on. I'm going to assume that it is, correct me if I'm wrong. I just add pdf to itunes in the book section then sync it over to ibooks using itunes. Easy Peezey. I'm pretty sure as well if you have adobe reader installed on your iphone you can use the apps section, scroll to the bottom, then use that section of itunes to put any pdf that you wish to read directly onto your device into the adobe reader app.

If this isn't a computer that has itunes installed, or that you dont' sync with then I'm sure the other suggestions work fine. If it is your personal computer and the one you sync with this is the absolute easiest, cheapest way that I have found to do what your asking.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2