Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

2 Posts

Default wifi problem

I bought my wife and I iPhones Last Friday. I was able to sync up our home wifi to both phones with no problems. Last night I was down loading updates for apps over the wifi on my phone and it locked up for a short time. Then dropped the wifi and went to 3g. Since then I have not been able to connect my phone to my home wifi. My phone shows a weak signal and when I try to connect it says that it is unable to connect to network. I checked my wife's phone - no problem. Her phone has a great signal for wifi. Reset my router. Restored my iphone through itunes - still the same. At this point I am unsure what to do. Didn't know if it was a hardware or softwear problem with the phone. Any help would be great - thanks.

6,816 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

I had this happen to me on my first iPhone. Could not get it to work for the life of me. Just stopped in a Apple store and they swapped it out with no issues. New one worked perfectly fine. Sorry I could not be of more help.
    TiPb Forum Staff

1,839 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,898 Global Posts

Sounds like you performed all of the steps that I would have done. Next step is to do what Bad Ash posted. Just make sure your iPhone isn't jailbroken when you bring it back!
    iPhone Newbie

16 Posts

Thats sucks