DRM-Free not cheap

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Does Apple know we're in a recession? I've just seen the option to "upgrade" my library and it comes to just over ?141 (about $220). Guess I could do it track by track or album by album depending on finances. The message says "special offer" but doesn't mention a time limit, only that the list will be updated (presumably because not every album is DRM-free at the moment).

Anyone know if this is time limited and who's got the most expensive upgrade?

SurfStoked

Jan 10, 2009
Visit site
From what I understand there is no time limit. In the new Keynote it was mentioned that all of the music on itunes will be offered drm-free through itunes-plus within the next 5 months or so.

Wyatt

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
It's $0.30 a track. Apple had to give something to the music industry for DRM free tunes. That's why I still buy CDs and copy them at a higher bit rate than what they offer.

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
On the day it was announced, I had 88 tracks to upgrade. This has now risen to over 100 so I doubt I'll be giving my hard earned money to Apple just yet.

Madscotsman

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
I really can't justify paying more money for something that I already purchased. I'll just burn my collection to discs and rip them back onto my computer.

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
I've lost interest in upgrading my library as I only use an iPod and iPhone so there's no real point in paying over ?300 to Apple if there are no real benefits.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711