Help Yahoo contact sync issue

rpalumbo#IM

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
Does the iPhone have to be connected to iTunes in order for my yahoo contacts to sync over? I am currently leaving my current job and my contacts were being synced through my outlook, but I have since moved them over to yahoo and the initial sync worked great, but now if I add a new contact through the iPhone or over at yahoo, it doesn't sync automatically like it did when I was using my company outlook. I would hate to have to sync my iPhone with my laptop everyday to just upload new contacts. Any tips to tricks needed or does yahoo not automatically push new contacts until it is synced with iTunes. Thanks

PS Forgot to also ask.
When I do plan on moving over to the new company, how can I keep all of my calendar appointments without them being deleting once I delete my company email from my iPhone, Thanks again!!!

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Correct, Yahoo does not do over the air syncing. As for the calendar issue, you would have to save the file from work as a Vcard and transfer that over to your own computer. Then sync.

rpalumbo#IM

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
Correct, Yahoo does not do over the air syncing. As for the calendar issue, you would have to save the file from work as a Vcard and transfer that over to your own computer. Then sync.

I understand saving it as a vcard, but would I have to use outlook on my laptop for it to work and if so can I use outlook for my yahoo account or is that a paid service. Thanks for the insight.

Update, I just checked and noticed I can not export my calender as a Vcard. I can import a Vcard but only export a comma separated, excel or access file.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I understand saving it as a vcard, but would I have to use outlook on my laptop for it to work and if so can I use outlook for my yahoo account or is that a paid service. Thanks for the insight.

I don't use yahoo but you should be able to log into the web interface and add the vCard file and bypass Outlook all together.

*At least I know you can do that with contacts.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2