Broken Screen iPhone Help

Matis1

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Hello Everyone-
I have owned my iPhone since June, and it is the 2G 8 Gigabye Version.I know this has probably been asked a billion times, and I am sorry if im making a re-post, But, i recently cracked my screen.It has a couple hairline cracks in it, but amazingly, the screen still works perfectly.I have not talked to Apple yet, because the nearest store is quite far away, but I was wondering if anyone knew how much it would cost to get fixed.
Also, my 8GB version is getting pretty full, does anybody know if Apple offers some way to upgrade to the 16GB (I don't want the 3G, becuase id have to renew my plan with AT&T and right now i have a cheaper rate that id like to keep)
Thank you very much, and as i said before, i am sorry, becuase im sure this question has been asked multiple times before
Matt
(Macbook C2D 2.4 4GB 250GB X3100 Black OS X 10.5.6)
(iPhone 8GB 2,2, Software Version 2.2)
(iPod Classic 60GB)

joeya7x

Jan 4, 2009
myspace.com
Well I actually had the same dilemma. My iPhone 3G's screen cracked and went to an apple store to try to get it fixed/replaced. What they told me is that because the screen was cracked, that it completely voided the warranty.. What they did offer me was to get a new iPhone for 200, but i would have to exchange my old one. But instead I just waited till i was Upgrade eligible and got a new one for 200. So my suggestion, just go to an apple store and they will give you your options, sorry I can't be of more help. Or you can buy one on ebay =/

Matis1

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Thank you, Ill look into getting it replaced for 200, I dotn know if they still make the non 3G version, but its worth a try.
Matt

joeya7x

Jan 4, 2009
myspace.com
Yeah i wish you luck with that, they should have some units in the store. usually refurbished but hey better than having an eyesore like a huge crack on the screen right?

Matis1

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Back From The Apple Store

Hello Everyone-
I went to the nearest Apple Store, and Apparently its going to Cost $250 to fix.Its Techniclly not fixing, all they do is take your phone, and give you a replacemnt with a 90 day warrenty.But, i guess the $250 is a better deal than upgrading to the 3G, at least the Apple Store way, becuase you can keep your plan, and not have to upgrade to the unlimited 99 dollar a month one.Also, aword of warning to people that have jaibroken their iPhones:
If you are planning on taking your phone in for repair, MAKE SURE TO RESTORE IT FIRST!!! Apple will have nothing to do with your phone, and even refuses to repair it if its jailbroken (Luckily mine was not)
Thanks for your suggestions everyone!
P.S They were out of iPhones and had to order me a refurbished one, when i get it, sometime around next week, ill tell you the condition it's in.(Hopefully its Ok looking, and not scratched, as i have had problems with refurbished things in the past.
Matt
(Macbook C2D 2.4 4GB 250GB X3100 Black OS X 10.5.6)
(iPhone 8GB 2,2, Software Version 2.2)
(iPod Classic 60GB)

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
What do you mean a upgrade to the $99 plan?! I have a iPhone 3G and I am def not on that plan. There is no all you can eat plan for $99. You can get a all you can eat for a little more than that.
I'm curious though Att had refurb 3G iPhones for $149. You would actually spend about the same if not more money by buying a old iPhone for $250

joeya7x

Jan 4, 2009
myspace.com
what Matis1 probably means by the unlimited 99 plan is including the unlimited texting. i mean thats about how much i pay for mine with unlimited texting (taxes included) 89.99 before taxes. and yeah i recall seeing 149.99 for unlimited voice too.
And in my honest opinion, i would have just gone for the 3G, 50 dollars less and you get the 3G and GPS Capabilities. Plus that Flush Headphone jack we love so much. Just IMO

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711