Someone has some kind of gps thing on my phone?

Vendettx#IM

Dec 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi Guys, i wonder over here from crackberry.com and had a question

first off im very unfamiliar with your forum so im really sorry if i have posted this in the wrong spot.

neways, here goes my question.. a friend of mine had picked up a iphone and her one day she went out with her exboyfriend who was playing around with her phone now everytime she text a guy or text someone something acouple minutes later he will text her saying "oh so blahbalhblah" with the exact name of the person she text everytime.. is it somehow possible that he installed something on her phone that when she sends out a text or something he gets a copy of it or somehow knows what she is doing on her phone? its really creepy we all thought it was a coincidence at first but then he kept doing it for weeks now to all different people she contacts always knowing exactly what the test message saids...

thanks!

combatdoc

Dec 13, 2008
www.ffpblog.com
He could have gotten her account info off the phone and be logging into the web portal from the carrier. I know they usually keep SMS logs you can view.

Vendettx#IM

Dec 21, 2008
Visit site
just a standard 3g iphone not jailbroke or anything

hmm.. the phone saves your info like passwords too? or do you not need one..

how would she go about fixing this problem?

Mike M

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
You should contact AT&T and let them know what is happening. They would know more about what people can and can't access and help you put a stop to it. If all else fails, file a harrassment charge with the police (don't erase his texts, that's evidence). As far as installing something on a non-jailbroken phone that'll forward that, it would have to be installed through the app store and approved by Apple. This is why there's an approval process, despite the complaints about it. In a perfect world we wouldn't need an approval process. Here in the real world, on my phone with all it's private info, they'd better have an approval process, screw open source.

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
You should contact AT&T and let them know what is happening. They would know more about what people can and can't access and help you put a stop to it. If all else fails, file a harrassment charge with the police (don't erase his texts, that's evidence). As far as installing something on a non-jailbroken phone that'll forward that, it would have to be installed through the app store and approved by Apple. This is why there's an approval process, despite the complaints about it. In a perfect world we wouldn't need an approval process. Here in the real world, on my phone with all it's private info, they'd better have an approval process, screw open source.

u mean screw hackers with bad intentions right? cause as far as I know, being open source does not mean any hacker can code any program and called it open source. That is what GNU GPL is for; its a licensing policy to ensure integrity. Not every free software out there is open source.

Many people have misconception about open source being "open" in a literal sense. All it means is that the code is available for the public to see to ensure that it is a clean code. Not "open" in the sense that whatever you store in the program is open to the public to see.

sorry for the rant. just wanted to clear up the difference open source and hackers.

Mike M

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
@melwan
Thanks for clearing that up. That was aimed at the people complaining about Apple's approval process and the fact that they even have one. While I understand the frustration and think it's wrong they turn away some of the apps they do, I'd rather have someone smarter than me look it over first to make sure it won't be harmful.
Back to the topic, how possible is it he cloned the sim card?

CJ225

Jan 3, 2009
Visit site
I ddint think you could clone the newer sim cards....anyone know if its been done?Last I read only the older sims were cloneable....the newer ones had some type of key that if you tried to read it would damage the sim

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2