2008 TiPb Awards: Biggest iPhone FAIL?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
We're coming to the end of 2008 and you know what that means... the 2008 TiPb Readers Choice Awards! For some, that means the forums nominate their favorites and votes on the winner!

In this thread, tell us what the biggest iPhone FAIL was of 2008. MobileMe launch? The continued lack of cut and paste? No 3G unlock? MMS missing? No 32GB SKU?

Let us know.

The 2008 TiPb Readers' Choice Awards have begun!

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I don't think there is a failure in my book as I understand the reasons behind a lot of the features not being on the device.

The device still has a lot of issues to overcome. Only recently did the out of sync sms messages get corrected. Apple isn't dumb, I believe it is deeper than everyone thinks. The sidekick recently got mms. Sprint, still doesn't have mms! No 3g unlock, there is, but it's going to cost an arm and a leg to get it to the U.S.

Ahhh.... I got it! Push Notification. Another reason why I went with the Bold.

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
The back up process in version 2.0.0 was FAIL.

But the whole thing got corrected in 2.0.1 and now it backs up in 20 secs or so.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
1. Push Notification
2. Copy/Cut and Paste
3. Back ground programs running (non jailbroken ability of course!)

legendofdon

Dec 19, 2008
Visit site
Biggest Fail IMO:

No SMS forwarding. It sucks when someone sends me a funny joke and I can't forward it. I guess I'll just have to copy and paste it into a new message....oh, wait....LOL
:D

Mike M

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Wow, I had forgotten all about that **** backup process, what a miserable time that was until someone pointed out you could exit it and continue on with the sync. I'd give it a tie between that and the lack of push notifications. I'm sure they HAVE their reasons for delaying push for this long, but announcing it and then not explaining why is a huge failure in my book. Developers were counting on that service.

AZMerf

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
I never hear it mentioned and I think it's Stereo Bluetooth. It's a music device after all. Since I've never had a smartphone before this one, I don't miss a lot of the stuff folks complain about like copy and paste. I am not even sure where I would use that. Anyway, lack of SB is a joke in my book.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I think the horribly long syncs at the beginning of 2.0 was terrible.

Even though there are "alternatives", I find lack of MMS to be huge.

But the BIGGEST iPhone fail of 2008 has got to be that Push notifications is STILL not implemented 4-5 months after Apple promised it to us.

mahomer

Nov 14, 2008
www.bootcampmobile.com
I must use my phone a lot different or the people I send messages to use their phone different because MMS is not a big deal to me. In fact, it costs extra for a lot of people so email just seems easier as I got the contacts all right there.

I have to agree on the Push notifications and copy/paste. I ran into a copy paste issue just the other day. Person sent me a very long link but the "htt" part of the link was missing so the email didnt recognize it and I couldn't get to it on my iphone so I had to wait until back on my MBP.

Also, something else I ran into and this may just be a stupid user issue but if I have a contact record I want to forward to someone else (like sending a vcard from email or syncing a 'business card' on a treo) is there not a way to do that on the iphone?

Nevertheless, having the app store and 15,000 apps to choose from and easily purchase/download, podcasts straight to my phone, videos, and more outweighs all my gripes for now.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Also, something else I ran into and this may just be a stupid user issue but if I have a contact record I want to forward to someone else (like sending a vcard from email or syncing a 'business card' on a treo) is there not a way to do that on the iphone?

Yes! This is also one my complaints. The ability to send contact info via SMS and email should be implemented. I actually emailed Apple about this as a suggestion a while back. Please do the same.

Apple - iPhone - Feedback

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2