Calendar items not always syncing

AlexInPA

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
I have a few calendar items that decide not to sync through Exchange Active Sync. I can't find anything logical about them either. It has almost gotten me in trouble as I dont always know when I have something coming up.

The appointments show up in Outlook while pulling from the server just not on the iPhone. It is only a selct few.

Suggestions?

AlexInPA

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
That did not resolve the problem. At least one entry is not syncing. Who knows how many others fail because I have too many to review them all.

AlexInPA

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
Problem is getting worse. No word from Apple. They are trying to blame Microsoft. Microsoft blames Apple. I have seen similar problem with Windows Mobile.

In my opinion, wireless sync is not ready for prime time unless you use a Plam device. They seem to work.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
This happen to me with some imports from American Airlines for flights. All I had to do to get them to sync was to go into it on Outlook. Go to the event and open/edit it. I just like added a space to the notes area then clicked save. After this save it synced over the air to the phone.

AlexInPA

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
Dizzy:

Wish it were that simple. Did not work here. There seem to be some consistencies...

1. Appointments created in Outlook, edited in Outlook. Edits don't migrate over.
2. Appointments moved in Outlook that were recurrances don't migrate.

This only affects over the air syncs. Wired syncs through iTunes seem to work fine. The difference is that over the air syncs with the server copy whereas iTunes syncs with the local copy.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
You might try only having the iPhone sync with Exchange only and not both Exchange and Outlook via wired connection.

AlexInPA

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
I never synced via the wire with Outlook until Apple support told me to try it. When I first got the phone I was just using wireless sync with Exchange. This is when I was having problems. The only way I am able to 100% sync my calendar is to use a wired sync for the calendar entries which really sucks and defeats the purpose of the system.

There is a problem with wireless sync and I believe it is mainly with the way it functions with Exchange. I have used a Palm device to do wireless synce with Exchange and it worked flawlessly. I have used a Windows Mobile device and it fails as well from time to time.

There are certain types of entries in a calendar that seem to cause failure with sync. They seem to revolve around recurring appointments or ones that are edited for new content or times and it is not consistent. We can't find what is unique about these selected appointments. I am sure there is a field somewhere that is causing this to blow up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711