New user here!
Hey everybody! I just got a 2g iPhone from a buddy at work (coming over from a Palm Centro) and had a few questions.
1. how can you tell if its been jailbroken or not? its running the 2.2 software
2. what is the best way to make ringtones out of non-itunes purchased songs?
3. is there a "today" program similar to the "2day" program available by ShSh Software or the view that is available on datebk? (all you previous palm users probably know the one i'm talking about!)
And yes, I am using the search option, there are just so many posts to go through its a bit hard to find specifics!
- 12-08-2008, 03:54 PM #2
1. Look for a app called Cydia. If you see that, it's jailbroken.
3. Not sure what 2day is but if it is the same as a today screen on WM then you have to jailbreak to get such a feature - Intelliscreen.
hmm, dont see that app. i'm assuming thats the app that jailbreaks the phones.
thanks for the link...i'm trying one of the free methods right now, having a little trouble changing a file extention right now though (and normally i'm so good with computers ugh)
yah 2day is similar to the today screen on WM i think. it combines your daily calendar and your tasks, tells if you've missed a call, etc. i wonder if maybe there's a paid app out there or something? i dont really want to jailbreak the phone quite yet (haven't even paid my buddy yet for it lol)
- 12-08-2008, 04:18 PM #4
Not the app that jailbreaks the phone but a app that appears after you jailbreak. Sorry, the only way you will get anything remotely close to a Today screen is to jailbreak.
Check out Jailbreak Central for more jailbreaking information. All the answers to questions you may have can be found there.
thank, now that my internet is back i'll have to check it out. i found out about Audiko yesterday and was playing on that and due to the weather in our area, out internet went down (and oddly enough, so did my phone's wifi grr)
What can make third party apps crash? I had it happen with one of mine last night as well.