VPN options on iPhone - currently use GoToMyPC

mhfp

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
I am new to the iPhone and this site and have overall found it a breeze to use. The 1 issue I have is related to GoToMyPC. I use this VPN to access my Windows XP based office computer remotely. GoTo has a Citrix based PDA app, that apparently is not compatible with the iPhone. Any ideas?
On reviewing the site, I saw an article on Citrix that made no sense and another on Mocha and Jaadu VNC. It looks like the latter may be an option, but hate to have to purchase and learn to use another app while still paying for GoToMyPC monthly.
Appreciate any ideas.

AndyS#IM

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
Hi. I?m Andy Stefano, the Community Relationship Manager at LogMeIn. If you dislike working with two different applications for remote access, you might consider switching to LogMeIn. You could install LogMeIn Free on your office PC and access it from any internet-connected device. To make the iPhone experience even better, we have announced that LogMeIn Ignition for iPhone and iPod touch will be available later this month. You can learn more about LogMeIn Free and LogMeIn Ignition for iPhone here.

Gerry#IM

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I think that the drawbacks of logmein are not compensated by the lower cost. That's why I bought PC File Transfer. It's considerably cheaper ($29.95), and now I can access my desktop from anywhere while traveling.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Hi. I?m Andy Stefano, the Community Relationship Manager at LogMeIn. If you dislike working with two different applications for remote access, you might consider switching to LogMeIn. You could install LogMeIn Free on your office PC and access it from any internet-connected device. To make the iPhone experience even better, we have announced that LogMeIn Ignition for iPhone and iPod touch will be available later this month. You can learn more about LogMeIn Free and LogMeIn Ignition for iPhone here.
As my nieces and nephews say, LogMeIn "Rocks!" Works well on my iPhone. Can hardly wait to see it on my 3G iPad, someday.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I assume with log me in you need to leave your host computer at the office on?
Some desktops have a "wake-up" feature but I have never succeeded in getting them to work. My home LAN stays on in any case. All of my computers have LogMeIn servers on them. Only the iPhone really needs a client ($29-) but it is not clear to me how well an iPad would work without one. Since I have paid for it on my iPhone, I can run it on my iPad, someday.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner