iPhone battery draining faster than normal

KStewart

Mar 19, 2006
Visit site
Ok, well I started this thread about a significant battery problem so I guess that is where the confusion was. Glad to hear your phone is working normal.

No problem...and my phone isn't quite normal. I just wanted to add that there was battery loss for me with 2.2.

wabbit#IM

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
Wabbit,

You were able to go 2 days before recharging??? I've always had to charge at least 1-2 times per day, which I think is pretty typical of all 3G phones and moderate use.

Personally, I think lasting 2 days might have been a bug in itself...;)

i was avg 36 hrs, with web browsing / email / phone. basically from 1 morning to the next day bed time i would actually charge it or it need one.

the phone runs hot now, i can feel it through my case, which i never did, i did do a restore, the other memory went down from 350 megs to 230ish or about off the top of my head, the phone still runs hot, and gets about 6 hrs of battery life. its all firmware. 2.1 worked fine, 2.0.2 worked fine.

aetilden

Oct 17, 2008
Visit site
Read a post that said Push Exchange email was always on and he deleted the account and reset and that worked - really improved battery life. I don't have Push Exchange, but found out I had Push MobileMe email on. Since I turned that off battery life has really improved. Getting my email updated every 15-minutes is fast enough for me.

aetilden

Oct 17, 2008
Visit site
Read a post that said Push Exchange email was always on and he deleted the account, renetered it and reset and that worked - really improved battery life. I don't have Push Exchange, but found out I had Push MobileMe email on. Since I turned that off battery life has really improved. Getting my email updated every 15-minutes is fast enough for me.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Mine holds really well until about 50 percent battery life, after that it drains so fast that within an hour I can be in 20 percent just on stand by. Its happened to me 2 or 3 times in the last couple of weeks. Sometimes I think its the internet trying to load a page. I can click safari and its finishing loading a web page. :confused:

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Oh ya I forgot, I often charge it in the morning for the new day ahead and I can have 60 percent life when I do so. Is this bad? Is it like a laptop battery where you should let it fully drain before charging it?

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Mine holds really well until about 50 percent battery life, after that it drains so fast that within an hour I can be in 20 percent just on stand by. Its happened to me 2 or 3 times in the last couple of weeks. Sometimes I think its the internet trying to load a page. I can click safari and its finishing loading a web page. :confused:

I think part of this is just the way the battery functions. It will take longer to get from 100% to 50% than 50% to 0%. Just like when you are charging it takes longer to charge that last little bit. You can be at 20% and within 30 mins you will jump up a lot, but to get back to 100% takes time. Mainly from like 80% to 100%. I kind of think about it as filling a balloon with air. It's really easy to start filling it up, but as you try to make it more and more full it's harder.

wabbit#IM

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
Read a post that said Push Exchange email was always on and he deleted the account and reset and that worked - really improved battery life. I don't have Push Exchange, but found out I had Push MobileMe email on. Since I turned that off battery life has really improved. Getting my email updated every 15-minutes is fast enough for me.

I do not use an exchange server. All my emails are setup as IMAP.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Ok its official by battery is like fried or something. I used to go two days without a charge now I can't get 6 hours. :eek:With little use mostly standby. I am getting annoyed big time.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Found it seems to be email getting hung up or stuck in the connecting mode sometimes so its like constantly checking the servers. I have both an exchange account on it and another regular account set on fetch for every hour. Seems like 2.2 caused a problem with this. All was fine in 2.1.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Ok its official by battery is like fried or something. I used to go two days without a charge now I can't get 6 hours. :eek:With little use mostly standby. I am getting annoyed big time.

Now I have not been following your story here but have you restored yet? Honestly that is the only thing that will probably fix that issue. :eek:

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Now I have not been following your story here but have you restored yet? Honestly that is the only thing that will probably fix that issue. :eek:

Yeah, just do a restore...worked for me.

Does there seem to be more of a problem with the 2.2 upgrade than the 2.1? I can't really tell since I had a problem with 2.2 so I am noticing it more, just like you start noticing cars on the road after you get a new car of the same type.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox