Downloading Music on 3G after 2.2 upgrade

Frozen001

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
So I opened up iTunes on my phone today, and I noticed that I can nolonger download music unless I am on wifi... On 2.1 I could do it on 3G, EDGE, or wifi...

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I've never been able to download music on any firmware unless using a jailbreak app to trick the phone into thinking that 3G was wifi.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Nope, no downloading music on ANY firmware with the built in app. That's why they called it the iTunes **WiFI*** Music Store. Carriers would not allow cell data downloads.

If you tried, you would get a popup saying you had to connect to WiFi first.

Been like that since the iTunes App was first released.

The only possibility is that you were connected to an open WiFi point without knowing it, or you had a magically broken install of prior firmware and 2.2 brought you back to our sad little real world :(

Frozen001

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
Nope, no downloading music on ANY firmware with the built in app. That's why they called it the iTunes **WiFI*** Music Store. Carriers would not allow cell data downloads.

If you tried, you would get a popup saying you had to connect to WiFi first.

Been like that since the iTunes App was first released.

The only possibility is that you were connected to an open WiFi point without knowing it, or you had a magically broken install of prior firmware and 2.2 brought you back to our sad little real world :(
I wonder if it was because I jailbroke it and then went back to stock... maybe something got out of whack prior to my upgrade...

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Could be. I know that there is a jailbreak app out there (the name escapes me) that tricks the phone into thinking the 3G/Edge connection is actually a wifi connection, which is a nice feature now that 2.2 allows for podcast downloading.

Frozen001

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
Could be. I know that there is a jailbreak app out there (the name escapes me) that tricks the phone into thinking the 3G/Edge connection is actually a wifi connection, which is a nice feature now that 2.2 allows for podcast downloading.
Well I only had the phone jail broken for like 3 days before I went back. I never installed any app like that, so I don't know how I was able to downlaod music before...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2