Landscape mail app

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
I'm surprised to find native apps that are not compliant with the Apple landscape mode. Is there an email alternate app (app store or jailbroken) that offers landscape mode e-mail? I found an app called XLmail that allows entry in landscape mode, but it in turn inserts the text into the native mail app.. While the landscape entry is much faster and more comfortable, the 2 step send process is irritating.

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Almost

Similar to XLmail in operation. Looks like a job for the jailbreaker developers. is there a major challenge to developing this app that is delaying it? Seems like there is pent up demand. Initially I hated the concept of Apple's tight control over the app store, but looking at it closely there are lots of inexpensive and free apps available (no developers making $$) so the app store isn't the barrier to affordability that I had anticipated.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
It would interfere with the native mail app and that is a no no according to Apple and the rules it has laid out to the developers. As for a jailbreaker developer creating something to mix right in with the native mail app, I have not seen a single app that has done that. It may be tied to the OS where it can not be touched.

EmEuS

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I use Touchtype. I have had EVERY (no exag) landscape email out there. Best in UI, efficiency, ease of use.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner