Iphone disappointment

harp65

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
I worked for AT&T. Got Corp. Email that the world would change with the Iphone. I finally got one. Very disappointed. Very fancy interface, but not much substance to me.

1) Battery life stinks- You have to turn everything off just to use it for 4 or 5hours. Pitiful. Apple engineers are sad. What good is the thing if you have to keep charging every few hours.

2) Snooze alarm on calander-The pitiful calendar must have been designed by a drop out that never had to be anywhere or need to be reminded of events.

3) The ability to save a file on the thing-There are some things you would like to look at even when you do not have internet access. You can't even have the manual on the phone.

I am really thinking of taking it back to the store. Luckily Apple doesn't design bridges. They would be fancy with all kinds of cool stuff, but the thing might fall in.:mad:

Where can you go to give Apple a wish list?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
While I respect your opinions here I will say they are still pretty weak.

1. You will be hard pressed to find a WM or 3g BB device with better battery life. Depends on your use.

2. I find the calendar to be better than WM devices and BB calendar? That is a pure joke. At least to me it was on the Bold. Did not like it one bit. So I suppose it's depends on the user what they like and dislike.

3. There are plenty of 3rd party apps available on the app store that allow this.

4. http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphone-help/166349-report-your-bugs-2-1-apple-link-inside.html

Last edited:

MrP

Aug 3, 2008
Visit site
yup- everyones different i guess- but the iPhone offers almost everything any other smart-phone does and a whole lot more in most cases! the only thing that can frustrate me at times is the keyboard(when replying to emails).

yeah, i know theres no copy+paste, blah, blah, blah... but its coming...

Rome wasnt built in a day lol;)

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
It's amazing the range of experience people are having.

I'm on Rogers in Canada, and I've had *great* 3G service and battery life. I still say AT&T has a crappy 3G network, and that's causing a lot of the problems, especially in high-density areas. Just doesn't scale and fail elegantly.

You can set alarms in the Clock app that work differently than the Calendar reminders, try those out.

Like Bad Ash said, plenty of App Store stuff for local file access, be sure to check that out!

AZMerf

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
I am not sure we should all respond to someone that gets on the forums and posts a single entry but I'll add my two cents as well.

My biggest complaint is with AT&T. I think the coverage and the call quality are the worst. Fortunately, I don't make that many calls (even less since I can now text and email) but if I did, I'd be really unhappy.

As far as the phone, I got the same sort of battery life out of my old iPod (which I use 2 to 3 hours a day) and way better than my LG8600. If you're going to use it, it's going to run the battery. Sort of no way around that. I have a charger in my office and at home and it's works perfectly.

I agree. Go try some other phones if you don't like this one. That's why it's a free market.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
See I don't have any issues with AT&T's service what so ever. In fact my iPhone never leaves 3g service. Guess I am one of the lucky ones. As for responding to a person with gripes along with only having one post. Usually it is a person who has just gotten their iPhone and did not research it before making the purchase. So that tells you something right there. Can the millions of people who have purchased the iPhone be wrong in loving the device? Nah....

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Clearly although he/she states their employment with AT&T.

"worked" - oh well then. Like someone else said, if there are issues with it, return it and find another device better suited for the individual.

We can debate this all day long, and there are other threads on this forum for that regarding whether it's the iPhone or AT&T to blame for people's issues. And like I said, I have no issues with signal. Lucky me. ;)

tinman215

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
YMMV - my service was pretty good with 2G, some dead spots around town. With 3G I have great coverage all over, include the previous dead spots.

As for the iPhone 3G, man I really like this thing. :) After the jailbreak, I like it even more. :D

KStewart

Mar 19, 2006
Visit site
3g everywhere I go...great reception, only a couple of dropped calls in a month with heavy use. Clear voice reception. Battery life has been good. I came from two Treos, and a Blackjack and have grown to love my iPhone. I respect peoples opinions of the device, it just bewilders me the extremes with user exerience. AT&T network is stellar where I live and have traveled. I get great reception way out in rural areas. I do think At&t is doing something with their network though, because until 3 weeks ago, I had no 3g in my town, and now it's everywhere in my area. If AT&T is upgrading their network in key areas and this could be some of the network problems some have experienced, AT&T should notify their customers in case of service interuption or intermittant service, or it's a combination of their network and the iPhone in over loaded areas. The iPhone is only going to get better and I will be there every step of the way. I do admit that it doesn't do things as good as my Treo, but it does other things so much better, so much that I just find work arounds for where the iPhone lacks until more is to come.

Geoff

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
The iPhone might not be perfect - but I'm not rebooting it 4 times a day like I did with my Windows Mobile device.!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods