Song deleted after autosync iPhone to PC

downstream

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm kinda new out here, except for reading the blog posts... but since my iPhone subscription will be activated in a couple of days I thought I'd surprise myself with a single purchase from the iPhone iTunes...

In all my goodness I bought a song, irrelevant which one. ;)
I was satisfied... at least... until I hooked up my iPhone to my pc.

Although I set iTunes to only synchronize when I say so and to manage music manually, it started to synchronize immediately when I plugged it in. I thought it would be no problem, but when I was on the road again browsing my playlists, the song had disappeared. It wasn't showing itself anywhere on my iPhone, so once I got home I started digging in my pc, looking for the song... but it was nowhere to be found...

Not in iTunes, not on any other location on my PC and not on my iPhone :(

Did anybody come across something like this and knows what to do now? I know the regular iTunes policy says you can download a song once and if you lose it you should purchase it again, and that you should backup your stuff. But how could I have backed up my iPhone library, without connecting it to my pc? *Sigh*

From now I on will only use torrents again to get my stuff...

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
If you bought the song on iTunes on your iPhone, it will go into a smart folder called "Purchased on my iPhone".

Before plugging in your iPhone, make sure you go to Advanced -> Authorize this machine and enter your iTunes credentials on the PC. (You can only Authorize 5 machines at one time).

When you plug it in to sync, if you've never synced on that PC before, it will default to auto sync. It should first ask you if you want to download purchased content. Say "yes". It will then transfer copies of any purchased songs, videos, and apps to your PC.

If you say "no", that might cause a problem, but it should still stay on your iPhone.

Sync is hard, and the record labels are complete @$$holes who would rather shaft paying customers than risk people ripping off the music they ripped off from the artists, so they try to make it difficult to move music from one machine to another (they consider the iPhone a 16GB music thief).

If you really think you lost the song, you can call up Apple and they will typically authorize a one-time-only re-download for you.

soft26

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 3G to PC

iPhone 3G to PC/Computer is an easy-to-use iPhone 3G to computer transfer, iPhone

rip, iPhone backup software can fast transfer, rip, copy and manage

your music, videos, photos, podcasts and TV Shows between iPhone or

iPod and computer even without iTunes.

Minhala

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
I asked this question on another forum too.....I don't even care that much if my music doesn't get transferred to the new computer, I just want to NOT have iTunes try to remove it all from my phone. Very aggravating.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I asked this question on another forum too.....I don't even care that much if my music doesn't get transferred to the new computer, I just want to NOT have iTunes try to remove it all from my phone. Very aggravating.
it won't unless you didn't sync the song from the computer you're syncing with now AND the song is still in itunes

gmnorthey

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Same problem

So far all I can get is that you have to re-purchase the downloads. When I synced it said that I would have to transfer the songs from my iphone which is where I purchased them to the computer. It said if I clicked no it would delete my songs so I clicked yes. It deleted my songs anyway. I have the computer 'authorized" and when I looked for a solution all I have found is that the songs have to be repurchased. Well...a funny thing, they have not charged my credit card yet. If anyone has any solutions, if they don't give me one when the "Apple Expert" is supposed to call me I will solve it by blocking Apple for charging my card. HAHAHA.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW