2.2 is rumored to be days away... disappointed w/ features?

Are you disappointed with the "announced" features of 2.2?

• Yes...

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • No...

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Where is my PUSH NOTIFICATIONS!?

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
No Push. :(

But as we've seen with the MobileMe launch, I'd rather wait and have Apple get it right rather than have it not work.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Seems like they are just implementing a few features at a time...

True, but are these features that will be in 2.2 more important than copy/paste? etc... Not to beat a dead horse...

Apple said that other things are more important than copy/paste and turn by turn GPS.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
True, but are these features that will be in 2.2 more important than copy/paste? etc... Not to beat a dead horse...

Apple said that other things are more important than copy/paste and turn by turn GPS.

Couldn't agree more. To whom are the new features more important than copy/paste & turn-by-turn? I'd love to know the answer to this question... :confused:

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
And make Safari more stable.
If I don't absolutely need to check something while I'm not near my laptop I don't because it crashes so often.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I am one that would rather have new google maps app with walking / public directions than copy / paste. Copy paste would be nice, but the amount of times I've actually "needed" it for something are slim

sethclifford

Sep 25, 2006
about.me
I give the new update a "meh" as far as excitement is concerned. Emoji? Really? This is what's more important than turn-by-turn and copy/paste? I know they want as much market penetration as possible, but annoying existing users in favor of gaining more in other countries (Japan, I'm looking in your direction...) is just not a fantastic strategy.

That being said, we should all thank our lucky stars we get these updates at all, as any current and former WinMo phone owner will attest to. ;) (myself included)

Frozen001

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
I will admit the update is rather bland. Having only had my iphone for less than a month I am supprised what features it really is lacking. Granted the iphone revolutionized the UI for cell phones, but the rather normal features for other phones that are missing in the iphone really is shocking...

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
You know there is always the possibility that apple is keeping the lock down on this update and it will have surprise features. If they release it on the 21st, the same day as the storm, and they add copy and paste this will put the BB release on page 2

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Direct podcast downloads will be great (in my opinion, for me, etc) and I'd much rather those than c&p. Turn-by-turn, push notifications, unified email inbox, ubiquitous landscape keyboard, those are a different matter altogether and I'd really like to see them all asap.

josh.hofer

Nov 16, 2008
Visit site
I am excited for all the new Google Maps features... But, I would really really love copy/paste implemented and proper Push. Push is definitely number one to me.

Flash#IM

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
I'm happy with whatever I get. I bought the 3G knowing exactly what it could and couldn't do. While it's nice to get new stuff it's nicer to have the stuff we already have working properly first. (Like constant Safari crashes). SO bring on the fixes and speed optimisations. If you can throw in a turn by turn app that'd be nice too.

Gordon

losamillion

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I really don't understand the skipping over the basics...most users will not use the walkin gps for the simple fact that most people already kno where they are going...this is a prime example of needing to "stick with the basics"...

mweglarz0

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
coming from a teenager...horizontal keyboard for SMS...get MMS...and possibly a way to improve the camera (i.e. ZOOM!)

i have a decent camera on this thing and want to show off the pics to friends, yet i can't even send them in a txt message from a $300 phone. I know they're alternatives but they're time consuming and just stupid. Apple get MMS!!!!!!!!!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2