Help New Car & iPhone

camperdown9

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Hi

My new car "a WV Golf" arrived today. When I ordered the car I ask for ipod connection and Sat Nav. The brochure showed an ipod connected to the car and sitting in the box between the two front seats.

However today when the car arrived there is a CD player in the box between the seats and what looks to be a 3.5 earphone point at the front of the box.
The sales invoice states that iPod connection is there but I am not so sure. I asked the sales guy to call and check and he did and said that the earphone point thing is the iPod connection. I still think that its wrong so I have three questions.

1) Have you ever seen an iPod connection that looks like an 3.5 earphone point and not a flat multi pin thing?

2) If so how do you connect an iPod/iPhone to it.

3) If I do have the correct connection for iPod/iPhone can I connect my iPhone to the car for music if I put the aircraft thing on?

Alex

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Well they technically didn't lie, but they were sneaky. A real iPod connection should be the regular port on the bottom which would give you access to control the iPod on the built in radio.

What you need to get is just a regular headphone type wire with 2 of the male ends to connect from the iPod headphone port to the line in port on the car.

ErikJeanna

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Correct... just plug in a normal 3.5" audio jack and you're golden. The sound is just as good as with a "normal" iPod connector. I just bought 2 jacks for my iPhone... go to thisplace for ALL of your cable needs. Super cheap and the quality is amazing!

3.5mm Stereo Plug/Plug M/M Retractable Cable

And no, I don't work, own, or have an interest in this company... just been buying from them for years!

ILBandit

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
Just got a brand new VW Jetta TDI a week ago, same here, it has the little jack like yours, then it also has a usb plug in the armrest. The wife drives the new one, so I haven't got to play with it much yet, but the double male cord for the little jack should work fine.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77