Using BB and iphone with the same sim card

Frozen001

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
Occationally were I work I am not allowed to carry a camera... so since my iphone has a camera, it has to stay in the car. So instead of getting a whole seperate phone for the 5% of the time this occurs I am considering buying a used BB so I can still have a phone and access to my e-mail, and just swaping the sim cards. Anyone done this...??? My biggest concern is having the ability to get my e-mail. If a BB will not work any suggestions??

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
You will need to be put on the BB plan for your BB email to work. Now you can get the BB plan and then use that in the iPhone but you will get texts once in a while from AT&T saying that the BB is not for a iPhone. It does work though.

MrP

Aug 3, 2008
Visit site
may be easier to add another line and when you take the bb set up call forwarding on your iPhone this has worked great for me!

Frozen001

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
may be easier to add another line and when you take the bb set up call forwarding on your iPhone this has worked great for me!
For then little actual time that this occurs a second line would just be a waste on money... If that is what I would have to do I will just do with out...

MrP

Aug 3, 2008
Visit site
if your using it for work shouldn't they provide you with a device? Maybe they'll pay for the add line. If you have a job that's that anal about the device you carry they should provide one for you. Sorry I couldn't help you.

Frozen001

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
if your using it for work shouldn't they provide you with a device? Maybe they'll pay for the add line. If you have a job that's that anal about the device you carry they should provide one for you. Sorry I couldn't help you.

Unfortunatly I am one pay grade below a company phone...:mad: